Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Possible relocate to spain under Digit Nomad Visa with disabled children

Possible relocate to spain under Digit Nomad Visa with disabled children

Old Mar 1st 2023, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possible relocate to spain under Digit Nomad Visa with disabled children

Originally Posted by Ronnyone
Yes it is quite a large salary you would need for a family and on top of that you need healthcare for the entire time you are there you can't use the convenio. As I said before, if you read the whole BOE you will understand that this is part of a packet of initiatives intended to keep Spain open for for the new technology age. It is seen as a way of attracting talented entrepreneurs and I individuals who work primarily in new technology - so that Spain might benefit from these people using Spain as a base. Its not just a work visa and this is why its couched in terms that reflect the professional nature and type of individual who can apply. It's not an alternative visa for uk people who can't get the NLV neither is it an alternative to people who want to work as autominos. Also it will be limited and probably very popular with young single high-level tech graduates from places like US, Canada, China, Russia many of whom already undertake this remote type of work
You are right and it's more about attracting new talent or people with plenty of money.
  • Boost the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Spain, facilitating and enhancing the creation of new fast-growing technology companies.
  • Attract foreign investment and talent to the country
  • Convert the Spanish territory into a real hub of reference for international entrepreneurship
Of course Convert the Spanish territory into a real hub of reference means already expensive places will remain expensive and very few will end up in Extremadura:-).
It will be Marbella, San Sebastian, Barcelona or Madrid where these people go and you can hardly find a basic 2 bed apartment for less than €900-1000 rent. For these people it's normal prices.
Old Mar 1st 2023, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possible relocate to spain under Digit Nomad Visa with disabled children

Originally Posted by Moses2013
You are right and it's more about attracting new talent or people with plenty of money.
  • Boost the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Spain, facilitating and enhancing the creation of new fast-growing technology companies.
  • Attract foreign investment and talent to the country
  • Convert the Spanish territory into a real hub of reference for international entrepreneurship
Of course Convert the Spanish territory into a real hub of reference means already expensive places will remain expensive and very few will end up in Extremadura:-).
It will be Marbella, San Sebastian, Barcelona or Madrid where these people go and you can hardly find a basic 2 bed apartment for less than €900-1000 rent. For these people it's normal prices.
Yes you need to place all this in the relevant framework. The DNV is part of a Spanish initiative to attract business to Spain and specifically to be able to get hold of some of that money generated from foreign incomes by people who effectively can move from country to country. They are doing this as a way of modernising the economic model of some types of labour. The idea then is that digital nomads will effectively spend temporary periods working in spain for foreign companies but paying 24% flat rate tax on the income they earn. They thing is that I imagine companies in the UK might have certain restrictions on allowing employees to work remotely- noticeable HMRC won't be too happy ibecause of the double taxation agreement between Spain and UK which would mean the UK losing tax to Spain. Again the whole BOE places everything in this framework- its for people who work exclusively online and are freelancers or employees and are effectively perceived as working in graduate level professional jobs . Iis not for people who have their own physical businesses that they can delegate to others to run whilst they enjoy tax advantages whilst sitting by the pool in Marbella
Old Mar 1st 2023, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Getting back to the original poster. Having read up as much as I can on this I would say that they might still have a chance. The OP says the job is already classified as remote work and clearly being a civil servant means the employer is UK government , so no problem there. I am assuming that the OP is a graduate and the job reflects that or they have worked in the job for 3 years and that it required some further education achievements. The only problems then are the salary which is fine for the husband and mum but short for the kids- however given that they receive benefits to assist children I can't see any specific reason for not including them as income especially given the circumstances. The last problem could be healthcare however we shouldn't assume that a disability means you automatically will require more healthcare than non- disabled and therefore healthcare could be affordable- besides all children have free healthcare in spain irrespective of residency. So my advice ( if OP is still here) is get in touch with the Spanish embassy in uk and see what they say.

Last edited by Ronnyone; Mar 1st 2023 at 3:47 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2023, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ronnyone
Unfortunately I don't think that is the type of thing that qualifies for the DNV.It needs to a job that is performed solely by computer. It can't be a business owner who keeps in contact with a manager via zoom or emails. This is why it is essentially pitched at graduates- it's for people like soft ware designers and programmers who carry out all their work on screen.
​​​​​​Yes, unfortunately it would seem their relocation professional has reached the same conclusion based on the information available so far.

I'm afraid it could be the same problem for the OP too.