Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Poor condition of roads in Valencia region

Poor condition of roads in Valencia region

Old Sep 16th 2007, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Negada is just really niceNegada is just really niceNegada is just really niceNegada is just really niceNegada is just really niceNegada is just really niceNegada is just really niceNegada is just really nice
Default Poor condition of roads in Valencia region

I travel the Lliber to Gata road quite often and cannot help noticing how more and more dangerous it is becoming due to its ever worsening condition yet it is a well-frequented road. Also parts of the road from Lliber to Senija and Benissa is also dangerous in parts. How is it that important roads like these are allowed to fall into such a state?

I'd like to email one Mario Flores, allegedly the Minister for Infrastructure and Transport in Valencia if I could find a website. Tried Google without any luck.
Anyone out there know of a website I could use to contact Flores?
Old Sep 16th 2007, 12:03 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poor condition of roads in Valencia region

Don't know, don't really care, just wanted to say cool name, wish I had thought of it.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 12:12 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inquieto
I travel the Lliber to Gata road quite often and cannot help noticing how more and more dangerous it is becoming due to its ever worsening condition yet it is a well-frequented road. Also parts of the road from Lliber to Senija and Benissa is also dangerous in parts. How is it that important roads like these are allowed to fall into such a state?

I'd like to email one Mario Flores, allegedly the Minister for Infrastructure and Transport in Valencia if I could find a website. Tried Google without any luck.
Don't know about his personal email, but website here:

http://www.dgt.es/tramites/donde_realizar/valencia.htm

Address, Phone & Email:

Valencia Mora de Rubielos, s/n, C.P. 46071
Telf. 963 172 000 Fax. 963 417 986

[email protected]

PS Hate the Lliber/Senija road and avoid it as much as possible....

Last edited by MnM; Sep 16th 2007 at 12:20 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

firtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nice

Originally Posted by Inquieto

Yeah, I know what you mean as I travel that way from Javea to Castell de Castells quite a bit. We drive a Jeep Wrangler so I am used to getting thrashed around a bit, but that road takes the cake. From the moment you leave the good road just out of Gata until you actually arrive at Lliber it is quite a kidney bruiser. I found that there is a short cut that leads from the newish apartments just before entering the pueblo of Lliber, where the the lights are on the Jalon side, that goes down onto the river bed and goes around Gata, past the sewage treatment plant and reconnects to the hard road at the bottom of the hill that leads to the windy uphill bit. However, one really needs a 4X4 for it, as there is a bit of a water crossing to negotiate.

What is nice though, is the new section of road leading from Villa Mercedes up to Castell. The old road was the pits, to put it mildly. Perhaps the Gata to Lliber section is next on the schedule, who knows.

Dunno bout the Gata to Senija part, never really had any probs with that part. Have no oidea about Sr. Flores email addie though, sorry

Firtreesix
Old Sep 17th 2007, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Joe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud of

Talking of bad roads, try driving in the UK these days

But anyway a lot of roads in the Valencia region are fantastic - the upgrade to the N332 is a good example. But a lot was done with EU funding and that is drying up. So I think it is down hill from here.

Good to see a Paisley buddy in the house by the way!