Pool problems

Old Aug 30th 2007, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

jimmy23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pool problems

Due to my builders skill and ability to build pools my pool has leaked significantly for the past 18 months.That being the life of the pool. It has also had to be drained on two occasions. The result is that I now have a thick deposit of calcium on the sides and the floor of the pool. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the calcium removed without draining the pool again. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 8:47 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pool problems

Originally Posted by jimmy23
Due to my builders skill and ability to build pools my pool has leaked significantly for the past 18 months.That being the life of the pool. It has also had to be drained on two occasions. The result is that I now have a thick deposit of calcium on the sides and the floor of the pool. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the calcium removed without draining the pool again. Any advice would be appreciated.
Have a look at THIS SITE jimmy, if the answer is not there, then I don`t think you can. ;-))
Old Aug 31st 2007, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

helen17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mercadona agua fuerte! Dramtically lower the ph value of your pool with this product and run the filtration for at least 6 hours continually. We have a big calcium problem and have found that chucking in enough agua fuerte to lower the ph to 6.8 - 7.0 and continually running the filter solved the problem - plus you can get the small bottle and squirt directly onto the calcium. Some areas will require scrubbing as well. Obviously this is a hazardous chemical and all due precautions should be taken. Hope this helps.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Poolguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jimmy23
There is also a need to discover why you have developed a calcium proablem. SO its necessary to test your water and determine the total Alkalynity and the calcium hardness values from your source water. I dare to say that I don't think that your builder for his other sins is responsible for the calcuim as its water borne.

So We can scrub the water of calcium and ammonia using ZEL EAU (zeolite) in the filter, its a far better medium than sand in that it will filter down to 2 microns where sand will give you 30-40 at best.

There are a number of other activities you can do to ensure your water is clear if you want to contact me though PM or email I'll certainly give you all the help I can.

Andrew