Pool Covers

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:22 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pool Covers

I know they won't stop the occasional plastic chair that ends up in my pool, but I'm fed up of fishing next doors garden out of it when the winds blow.

Anyone got experience of solar pool covers. Are they easy to put down / lift on a daily basis, are they costly? Will it blow away under strong wind?

I don't want one of those that winds onto a roller.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 12:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pool Covers

Incredible .... so no ones had any experience of pool covers
Old Mar 24th 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Incredible .... so no ones had any experience of pool covers
I have had no experience sorry, i wish i had a real pool. i do have a padderling one though xxxxxxx
Old Mar 24th 2007, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Go and hide your neighbours chairs....

I don't know many people who have covers on their pools to be honest, thing with covers it takes the fun out of being implusive and just jumping in, if you have to keep taking them on and off. I don't think I could be bothered with it. Maybe do a google on them as often you get blogs and forums on the pros and cons.

I know they won't stop the occasional plastic chair that ends up in my pool, but I'm fed up of fishing next doors garden out of it when the winds blow.

Anyone got experience of solar pool covers. Are they easy to put down / lift on a daily basis, are they costly? Will it blow away under strong wind?

Old Mar 24th 2007, 1:51 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Even if you have a pool cover , the neighbours furniture will sit on top of it and risk damaging the cover. A higher fence ??
Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

have you been to ABC pools, they might be abel to give you some advice

Last edited by spain; Mar 24th 2007 at 2:08 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:11 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by spain
have you been to ABC pools, they might be abel to give you some advice
Yes thats my next stop.
Its my chairs that end up in the pool, but the neighbours soil

I've heard having a Pool cover extends the usage time of the pool quite considerably and also stops the crap getting in there.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

We have a solar pool cover, and it certainly keeps the pool a lot cleaner and when the weather warms up then the temperature does not drop overnight. Ours is a wind up one which works very well and is so easy to use. We heat the pool from solar panels from around April to November and it certainly extends the use of the pool.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Mitzy old boy..

Rugbymatt suggested this link on another thread..

Re: Above ground swimming pools where can we buy

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Wooden-Pool...QQfsubZ7930206

Look on the side menu
Old Mar 24th 2007, 7:20 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
Mitzy old boy..

Rugbymatt suggested this link on another thread..

Re: Above ground swimming pools where can we buy

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Wooden-Pool...QQfsubZ7930206

Look on the side menu
Tks Big B, but the shop does not exist any more
jo-ann - pm'd you
Old Mar 24th 2007, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Bummer !
did not get pm methink, says unread 0 at top..still not sure about this stuff yet..what about the other sites Rugbymatt was suggesting on the other thread about pools..they may have them.....
Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

There are three common types that I know of

Heavy duty tarpaulin lashdown types, a pig to handle and very heavy (mine has been in the garage for last three years.

Thermal cover, which is a kind of Heavyduty bubble wrap, which floats on the pool, and use a roller to wind it off. quite effective at keeping debris out of pool, and contributes to heating and retaining heat in the pool, (IE last summer we went to UK for 9 days, when we returned pool was at 32C!.
The type we have has a reflective silver coat on the underside which is there to act as a sort of thermal reflector. The top is dark blue and works as a type of Solar absorber. I have had extra tabs put on the sides and open end to allow it to be secured against high winds. Had it for over three years with no problems. cost about 650€, inc stainless roller (9x5 Pool). As I said earlier now dont bother with the winter cover as this seems just as good.

There are some slat types, ( very similar in appearance to a garage roller shutter door laid across pool). Quite expensive, and prone to jamming on slides(well the one I hve seen does!!), you can get a motorised option.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:50 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
There are three common types that I know of

Heavy duty tarpaulin lashdown types, a pig to handle and very heavy (mine has been in the garage for last three years.

Thermal cover, which is a kind of Heavyduty bubble wrap, which floats on the pool, and use a roller to wind it off. quite effective at keeping debris out of pool, and contributes to heating and retaining heat in the pool, (IE last summer we went to UK for 9 days, when we returned pool was at 32C!.
The type we have has a reflective silver coat on the underside which is there to act as a sort of thermal reflector. The top is dark blue and works as a type of Solar absorber. I have had extra tabs put on the sides and open end to allow it to be secured against high winds. Had it for over three years with no problems. cost about 650€, inc stainless roller (9x5 Pool). As I said earlier now dont bother with the winter cover as this seems just as good.

There are some slat types, ( very similar in appearance to a garage roller shutter door laid across pool). Quite expensive, and prone to jamming on slides(well the one I hve seen does!!), you can get a motorised option.
Thanks mate, sounds like the bubble wrap type option is favourite. I think thats the type by neice has in the UK.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Thanks mate, sounds like the bubble wrap type option is favourite. I think thats the type by neice has in the UK.
There is a guy in Sax called Anthony that did mine, he may come up as far as you, his Number is 618 451 146. He has a mobile stitcher so does it all on site, inc reinforced sides.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:38 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
There is a guy in Sax called Anthony that did mine, he may come up as far as you, his Number is 618 451 146. He has a mobile stitcher so does it all on site, inc reinforced sides.
Thanks again, noted the no.