Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

plumbing differences

plumbing differences

Old Dec 5th 2009, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

hallega is an unknown quantity at this point
Default plumbing differences

Hi everyone, I'm about to sign up for my house near Nerja....oooooeerrr!!!
Anyway, I'd like to change the fittings in the house in the bathrooms etc.,
What's the difference between english and spanish plumbing gear please,
should I buy it in uk and transport or is there a good place nearby?

I think it mat be more expensive in Spain, would really appreciate your input folks. Thanks.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 12:43 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: plumbing differences

Originally Posted by hallega

I think it mat be more expensive in Spain, would really appreciate your input folks. Thanks.
The difference is that the price of plumbing stuff here is a lot cheaper than the UK .... basically, well at least it is around here
Old Dec 5th 2009, 1:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Buy it here, a lot of the drainage outlets etc are different to the UK stuff and the price is much cheaper.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 1:55 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

All the kit is IDENTICAL. They might do things slightly differently but the basics are the same.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for that, I must be looking in the posh shops, it seemed very expensive for bathroom fittings and they were the same make as B and Q sell, can't think of the trade name at the moment.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
All the kit is IDENTICAL. They might do things slightly differently but the basics are the same.
I don`t think so, but what do I know I was only a plumber for 40 years.

UK waterboards would have a fit at some of the stuff used here.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:41 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that, I must be looking in the posh shops, it seemed very expensive for bathroom fittings and they were the same make as B and Q sell, can't think of the trade name at the moment.
Dont know if you have a leroy merlin, or a Ardy near you?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:51 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

My husband refers to Spanish plumbing as "bespoke"

Jo xx
Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:55 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
My husband refers to Spanish plumbing as "bespoke"

Jo xx
I refer to it as "leaking"
Old Dec 5th 2009, 4:33 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Really? I had bought a couple of waste fittings from the UK with me and they certainly don't fit the Spanish stuff.

Much easier to get it all in Spain. The stuff Leroy merlin sells is fine, tho as always, cheap is twice dear.....
Old Dec 6th 2009, 6:16 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Really? I had bought a couple of waste fittings from the UK with me and they certainly don't fit the Spanish stuff.

Much easier to get it all in Spain. The stuff Leroy merlin sells is fine, tho as always, cheap is twice dear.....
Mine that I brought from UK certainly did fit!

Providing you are not mixing imperial and metric there shouldn't be a problem.

At least, that's my experience from the rebuilds and reforms I've done in the last few years!

However, having said all that, I would buy in Spain to answer the original question.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 7:24 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Mine that I brought from UK certainly did fit!

Providing you are not mixing imperial and metric there shouldn't be a problem.

At least, that's my experience from the rebuilds and reforms I've done in the last few years!

However, having said all that, I would buy in Spain to answer the original question.
I bet you didn`t bring the strange little silver topped box that fits in the bathroom floor though ? ;-))
Also did you bring floor outlet pans or did you multiquick them ?
Old Dec 6th 2009, 11:31 am
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

probably the fixtures and fitting could be the same as the UK, providing that the pipes are standard - thats the problem with spanish plumbing, nothing is standard LOL.... and once you get passed the fixtures and fitting and into the "nitty gritty" of the pipework etc ....... anything goes - or not!!!

Jo xxx
Old Dec 6th 2009, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Red face Re: plumbing differences

Now I understand, it's a case of suck and see, have different bits available and hopefully at some point it works!!! Thank you everyone, I think I shall take some fittings from here, buy some in Spain and keep my fingers crossed that the hubby can work it all out (along with lots of tea).
Old Dec 6th 2009, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I refer to it as "leaking"
True. Or Blocked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.