Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

PLOT ON CALLE MIGUEL de UNAMUNO

PLOT ON CALLE MIGUEL de UNAMUNO

Old Apr 27th 2019, 9:17 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default PLOT ON CALLE MIGUEL de UNAMUNO

This is for all Lomas de Esuri residents however is relevant to almost everyone on CE who passes this plot of land which is on the right up the hill on Calle Miguel de Unamuno. This is the road up to the little shop and is near to the Lomas estate.. The inner area on Lomas and all the gardens are beautiful however this particular plot of land is an eyesore for all residents, renters and holiday makers. If this could be improved it would have a positive effect for those who rent their houses out and for property values. This has been mentioned to our M2 Lomas President who will raise the matter with the IC president so hopefully this will be discussed at the IC meeting on 30th April 2019. It has been suggested that the area is cleared of the old stone and concrete, graded to level it out, soil added and then seeded so it would be a pleasant grassy area over-looking the golf course, the river and over to Portugal. Maybe have some seating there ?. I believe this area is not covered by the "elusive bond", by the rates we pay or by the EUC fees (happy to be corrected here). Additionally I have been advised that according to the urban plan this is ear-marked for a school but is that likely to happen ???? I cannot advise the costs but if this could be considered at the Lomas IC meeting on 30th April and could be funded it would be to the benefit to all. If you have a property on Lomas and think this is a good idea please would you contact your Manzana President. Thanks for reading. Mel

Last edited by MEL & JOHN; Apr 27th 2019 at 9:18 am. Reason: typo
Old Apr 27th 2019, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PLOT ON CALLE MIGUEL de UNAMUNO

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
This is for all Lomas de Esuri residents however is relevant to almost everyone on CE who passes this plot of land which is on the right up the hill on Calle Miguel de Unamuno. This is the road up to the little shop and is near to the Lomas estate.. The inner area on Lomas and all the gardens are beautiful however this particular plot of land is an eyesore for all residents, renters and holiday makers. If this could be improved it would have a positive effect for those who rent their houses out and for property values. This has been mentioned to our M2 Lomas President who will raise the matter with the IC president so hopefully this will be discussed at the IC meeting on 30th April 2019. It has been suggested that the area is cleared of the old stone and concrete, graded to level it out, soil added and then seeded so it would be a pleasant grassy area over-looking the golf course, the river and over to Portugal. Maybe have some seating there ?. I believe this area is not covered by the "elusive bond", by the rates we pay or by the EUC fees (happy to be corrected here). Additionally I have been advised that according to the urban plan this is ear-marked for a school but is that likely to happen ???? I cannot advise the costs but if this could be considered at the Lomas IC meeting on 30th April and could be funded it would be to the benefit to all. If you have a property on Lomas and think this is a good idea please would you contact your Manzana President. Thanks for reading. Mel
Your right on every count the plot in question was earmarked for a school (probably) nursery but that would possibly be private provision. Nearest comparison is the one by the back of the zoo. It was a plot owned by Fadesa. I think many years ago they tried unsuccessfully to change use to apartments. There are other plots but bigger for different age ranges. I don’t know who bears the cost of construction in education I would think Andalusia so the bigger plots might have automatically transferred into public ownership similar to S1 where the football/basket ball ground is and where there is supposed to be a clinic, fire station and police station. All would require public funds and there is non so nothing happens. If the plot you ask about was for private provision it might have been with the rump assets which the liquidator gave away for €2m ish with the hotel, golf club, courses, boutique hotel plots and maybe the aparthotel plot as well. Pick the bones out of that and see where you get too. If you want to tidy it up that would best be done on the qt with no fanfare or it may get grabbed for pre poll publicity by the Mayor and sunk without trace after the elections.