Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Please help me with telefonica!!

Please help me with telefonica!!

Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of
Default Please help me with telefonica!!

Do they just make it up as they go along??
I was paying 40 euros-ish a month for internet and telephone, til august, then sugust bill came with a charge of 60 euros a month. Havent had a bill since then now been cut off for not paying said bills that have never arrived. Have rang them today and they've told me i have 2 outstanding bills, one is 100 euros and the other is 77 euros. When i asked why so high when we do not use the phone she said that our monthly charge is 72 euros plus taxes!! I tried to tell her that that isnt what we pay but she told me to check my bill (that i havent got) then cut me off.
ggrrrr :curse:
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:46 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help me with telefonica!!

Originally Posted by cajam31
I was paying 40 euros-ish a month for internet and telephone, til august, then sugust bill came with a charge of 60 euros a month. Havent had a bill since then now been cut off for not paying said bills that have never arrived. Have rang them today and they've told me i have 2 outstanding bills, one is 100 euros and the other is 77 euros. When i asked why so high when we do not use the phone she said that our monthly charge is 72 euros plus taxes!! I tried to tell her that that isnt what we pay but she told me to check my bill (that i havent got) then cut me off.
Well I gotta admit theyve usually been relatively helpful when I've called. €40 seems like not enough though, we pay always around €59 per month for phone and internet. Its a set figure of €39+tax for internet and €13.70 for the phone .... why yours should be more I'm not sure, but I only have 512 rural internet ... is that why maybe, have you got 1 mb or more?
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

ADSL 24/7 is 40 €`s plus the basic line for the phone is 18.50 €`s. + IVA
They will not reconnect until you have paid outstanding.
Phone them back and tell them you have no bills, they will give you code numbers, write them on a piece of paper also your phone number.
Take it to the bank and pay the bill, they will stamp the paper , then fax a copy to Telefonica.
They connected us next day.
One of the bills is probably back payments for the line, ask the lady at 1004 as you haven`t got a bill and don`t know what its for.

Last edited by jdr; Oct 19th 2007 at 3:53 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:51 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Martha put this link on a while ago. You should be able to find your bills online with Telefonica.

https://www.telefonicaonline.com/on/...%2Bpub,00.html
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

I just happen to our telephone bill in front of me - which arrived yesterday and the money had already been taken out of our account on the 16th!!! We have telephone and ADSL which cost us €40.90 and €17.78 plus IVA. The ADSL appears to be 3Mb. As has been said you appear to have been paying less for some reason.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:12 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
I just happen to our telephone bill in front of me - which arrived yesterday and the money had already been taken out of our account on the 16th!!! We have telephone and ADSL which cost us €40.90 and €17.78 plus IVA. The ADSL appears to be 3Mb. As has been said you appear to have been paying less for some reason.
Conversely I seem to be paying more than you for less
Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:22 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
It seems everyone is paying different amount then ?
Sueg is paying an extra € for the 3meg upgrade (everyone is getting it free now as the lines are upgraded) but my phone line is 50 cents more.
I also pay an outrages amount of 60 cents for number ID. lol
Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

I was told we would pay just over €68 for phone and internet. Not had a bill yet but I know we are on some sort of introductory amount which will be €20 less for the first 3 months.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Told a little white lie!! The phone line is actually €13.70 and I think the balance of the €17.78 is for the phone itself.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

We pay 39.90 for ADSL 24 H (which includes free national calls)
Then 13.70 for line rental
Plus IVA @ 16%
We currently have 1 Mb, but are waiting to be upgraded to 3 Mb for free, any moment now!

As we make very few other calls, our monthly bills are usually in the region of 60 / 62 Euros.

It must be very frustrating not having received the bills, and then being cut off!
I must say I've always had excellent service from Telefonica; so I would do as jdr says and phone them back. Just keep trying until you find a sympathetic operator, who will explain what all the bills say (seeing as you can't see them!)

Best of luck, and hope it gets sorted out soon for you.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

ok, i rang back and this time spoke to a very nice helpful man lol
he said the 40 ish euros i was originally paying was a special offer that has finished now, and what i am paying is 39 euros for adsl, then another amount for phone, which comes to around 60ish euros, plus the iva whcih takes it up to 76 euros. Too much for me i'm afraid, 76 euros a month is more than i wanna pay so think i'm gonna get cancelled and just use internet cafe when i wanna get online.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 1:16 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck trying to get it cancelled!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

ok, i rang back and this time spoke to a very nice helpful man lol
he said the 40 ish euros i was originally paying was a special offer that has finished now, and what i am paying is 39 euros for adsl, then another amount for phone, which comes to around 60ish euros, plus the iva whcih takes it up to 76 euros. Too much for me i'm afraid, 76 euros a month is more than i wanna pay so think i'm gonna get cancelled and just use internet cafe when i wanna get online.
I'm sorry to hear about the price increase

Our ADSL and phone package started off at 29 Euros a month, but we knew it was an offer that only lasted 3 months - and that subsequently we would be paying 39.90
It's a shame that things weren't made clearer to you initially.

Good idea about the Internet cafe, but what are you going to do about a phone? Do you need one very much?
When we were using the Internet cafe and phone boxes, the costs soon mounted up!

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:09 am
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear of your problems Cajam.

I think (I may be wrong and I'm sure if that's the case someone will correct me) that if you take them up on an offer you have actually signed an agreement of at least 1 year or 18 months, otherwise there's no incentive for them to give you the offer in the first place.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

we werent told at any stage that we were on a special offer, and we werent told we would be paying as much as that every month, i'm 8 months pregnant at the mo so will leave the phone for now just in case i end up all alone and needing to ring for help but after that, if its staying at that price i'll tell them i dont want it, at the end of the day they cant get what i dont have and i dont have over 75 euros every month for the phone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.