Please help!

Old May 21st 2007, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

tpotts1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Please help!

Hi all, hope you are well.
My problem is that my husband has just secured a job working in Gibraltar, so we are considering moving to Spain.
We have 3 children ages 9, 2 and 1, we are so confused as to wether or not make this move, we are constantly weighing up the pros and cons, but find it hard to do when you have no idea what it is like to live in spain.
Our main concern is that at the moment my husband is self employed and the job he has got is permanent employment so we will be taking a drop in money.
Can anyone help me with rough guide lines of utility bill cost and things so we can make up our mind.
I am going out of my mind not knowing if i am staying or taking the plunge.
Any info of any sort would be really appreciated.
I know you prob read lots of these, but i am a stressed out mum who needs help
look forward to some advice
thanks guys
Old May 21st 2007, 2:05 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help!

Originally Posted by tpotts1973
My problem is that my husband has just secured a job working in Gibraltar, so we are considering moving to Spain.
We have 3 children ages 9, 2 and 1, we are so confused as to wether or not make this move, we are constantly weighing up the pros and cons, but find it hard to do when you have no idea what it is like to live in spain.
Our main concern is that at the moment my husband is self employed and the job he has got is permanent employment so we will be taking a drop in money.
Can anyone help me with rough guide lines of utility bill cost and things so we can make up our mind.
thanks guys

Hi there, and welcome to BE.

I cant help too much with the specific details of your situation but if you do a search at the top right of the thread page you will find a few bit on this subject, it is something that comes up a fair amount and there was one thread recently on it.

Everyone is very friendly on here, and there are quite a few parents of varying ages so they may be able to help you quite a bit. So as I said, welcome and i hope ya find what you need.

Matt
Old May 21st 2007, 2:54 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys
I thought that it might help to know than in the Valencia region the community tax, electric, gas, water, house insurance, car insurance, content insurance, car tax, telephone (including broadband) etc bills come to a little more in total as the community tax is in UK. For instance my years car tax was 44.30 euros.

As we all have different lifestyles it is difficult to give you a firm estimate on what your costs will be but I thought that this information might help.

Good Luck

Rosemary
Old May 21st 2007, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

thank you so much for the information, it is much appreciated, i am shocked about that rosemary, i didnt realise how much cheaper it was, makes me wonder why we are still thinking of staying here .

You have cleared up an issue i have been trying to find out for weeks, thank you so much and i will keep you posted.

regards
teresa
Old May 21st 2007, 5:28 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

thank you so much for the information, it is much appreciated, i am shocked about that rosemary, i didnt realise how much cheaper it was, makes me wonder why we are still thinking of staying here .

You have cleared up an issue i have been trying to find out for weeks, thank you so much and i will keep you posted.

regards
teresa
Where in Eastbourne do you live?

Rosemary
Old May 21st 2007, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

i live in the main part of eastbourne, in a road called bridgemere road.
do you know eastbourne then?
where did you live before moving to spain?

teresa
Old May 21st 2007, 6:03 pm

i live in the main part of eastbourne, in a road called bridgemere road.
do you know eastbourne then?
where did you live before moving to spain?

teresa
I lived at Stone Cross end of Eastbourne, and yes I know Bridgemere. Small world is it not!!!!

Rosemary
Old May 22nd 2007, 6:35 am
Just Joined

what are the chances of that. Can i ask why you moved to Spain?
I have had alot of positive information recently, got chatting to a lady who has been there 6 months and she has cleared up an awful lot of my concerns.
Told my hubby last night that we are going to make the move, my family cant be any worse off than they are now.
P.S. Eastbourne is cold wet and windy at the moment so another day indoors with the kids
Old May 22nd 2007, 7:35 am

what are the chances of that. Can i ask why you moved to Spain?
I have had alot of positive information recently, got chatting to a lady who has been there 6 months and she has cleared up an awful lot of my concerns.
Told my hubby last night that we are going to make the move, my family cant be any worse off than they are now.
P.S. Eastbourne is cold wet and windy at the moment so another day indoors with the kids
We took early retirement in 2006 and moved into the house that we had bought here 2004.

Rosemary