playa blanca

Old May 31st 2011, 8:40 am
Just Joined

captainok is an unknown quantity at this point
Default playa blanca

Good Morning

I am in negotiations to purchase a villa in the Faro Park area of Playa Blanca
but both the developer and Lawyer are stipulating that we would not be allowed to rent the property to tourists as it is in a residential area, I am
confused as there are several villa rental sites advertising properties in this
exact area, if we were not able to rent the property when not using it ourselves then we would not purchase the property, any comments would be
greatly appreciated.
Old May 31st 2011, 11:20 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: playa blanca

Originally Posted by captainok
Good Morning

but both the developer and Lawyer are stipulating that we would not be allowed to rent the property to tourists as it is in a residential area, I am
exact area, if we were not able to rent the property when not using it ourselves then we would not purchase the property, any comments would be
greatly appreciated.

It's not unusual in the UK for sure, although I never heard of it in the UK before. Certainly the apartment we own in the UK has a rule saying we can't rent it, however if you look in the papers there are plenty of adverts for rentals there.

If there is a residents association there, then I guess you would be ratted on quite quickly, especially if you had any noisy renters

Frankly, I'd look elsewhere
Old May 31st 2011, 12:56 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: playa blanca

Originally Posted by captainok
Good Morning

greatly appreciated.
it's very common for this to be the case - many urbanisations (& I don't just mean the gated type) have commitees/administrators who insist upon this

it can seem odd - especially since it's often not clear at first sight where one urb starts & another ends - so the rules can be different in your streetto the rules in the next

of course many owners simply ignore it - but as Mitzy says- probably best to look elsewhere

it would be a stipulation in the urb rules - if you break them & the tourists cause trouble then there can be all sorts of repercussions