Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Placing an offer on a resale

Placing an offer on a resale

Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Placing an offer on a resale

Originally Posted by keithwalters
I have just got confirmation after two failed attempts at buying a resale that my offer has been accepted on the third.

The seller has accepted asking price from me, but only on the condition that the kitchen isn´t included, so he is going to take that with him. If I had wanted the kitchen then the house would have been 4000 euros over asking price.

Oh well. Let´s see how rocky the rides gets from here on in.
CONGRATULATIONS

did you agree on black money ?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:02 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
CONGRATULATIONS

did you agree on black money ?
Unfortunately yes. It would have been a no deal otherwise. Not happy about it, but it was that or lose the house.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:05 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately yes. It would have been a no deal otherwise. Not happy about it, but it was that or lose the house.
Better get a can of paint then. you could try a dark shade of grey i hear its cheaper.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:34 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hope it's plain sailing for you here on in, it does amaze me that it is very common here in Spain (or is just this area) that the kitchen is so often not included in the asking price. We were so lucky with our purchase, the owner told me he would be leaving everything in the kitchen except for the lights. I said thank you and thought no more of it, the next day when we went to sign the purchase contract I was told by my agent that the kitchen was not included, I told him that the bloke told me the day before it was except for the lights. When the venda arrived to sign he was asked if he said this and he said yes it was, our agent (who by the way was selling the house for him) said that it was a verbal contract and it was a matter of honour that he kept to it. Seem to do the trick as he said he would give us the kitchen as a gift.

Anyway Keith hope it all goes well for you, good luck
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:13 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Hope it's plain sailing for you here on in, it does amaze me that it is very common here in Spain (or is just this area) that the kitchen is so often not included in the asking price. We were so lucky with our purchase, the owner told me he would be leaving everything in the kitchen except for the lights. I said thank you and thought no more of it, the next day when we went to sign the purchase contract I was told by my agent that the kitchen was not included, I told him that the bloke told me the day before it was except for the lights. When the venda arrived to sign he was asked if he said this and he said yes it was, our agent (who by the way was selling the house for him) said that it was a verbal contract and it was a matter of honour that he kept to it. Seem to do the trick as he said he would give us the kitchen as a gift.

Anyway Keith hope it all goes well for you, good luck

Thanx Crisp. I´m actually quite glad he is taking the kitchen units with him - they were a pretty naff choice anyway!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations keithwalters....kitchen, who needs a kitchen in Spain..just get yourself a big BBQ...am pleased for you....hope the road is not to rocky...
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:45 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one Keith
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:28 am
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

I have just got confirmation after two failed attempts at buying a resale that my offer has been accepted on the third.

The seller has accepted asking price from me, but only on the condition that the kitchen isn´t included, so he is going to take that with him. If I had wanted the kitchen then the house would have been 4000 euros over asking price.

Oh well. Let´s see how rocky the rides gets from here on in.
Nice one mate
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:39 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx Crisp. I´m actually quite glad he is taking the kitchen units with him - they were a pretty naff choice anyway!
When we came over to view some houses and apartments we were shown one apartment that was literally an empty shell because the owners had removed everything. There were not even any nails or screws in the walls where pictures had obviously been, no toilet seat etc. I have never seen such a barren place. It really amused us.

The house we bought had everything in it even if it was old and rusty including a disgusting fridge on the roof terrace, a hair brush in the bathroom sink and a filthy towel on the rail. The owner showed us the house twice with the agent, it had not been lived in for about 18 months we think and yet these things were still there for the viewings and when we took possession they were still there for us to throw away. It is so strange the things that people leave when they leave in a rush but these people had plenty of time to clear their debris so we then wondered if this was some form of custom but have since decided that it was just laziness.

We are friendly with the old owners so this seems even stranger.

Rosemary
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:31 am
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Anyone know of a website or Agency that deals with re-sales only?
dont know what aera of spain you are looking at but we used a estate agent in sorbas almeria so help full no problems helped us with every thing we are more than happy www.spanishfarmhouses.com
Old Mar 27th 2007, 12:48 pm
has got a huge member

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
Congratulations keithwalters....kitchen, who needs a kitchen in Spain..just get yourself a big BBQ...am pleased for you....hope the road is not to rocky...
Good idea - a BBQ would be a lot cheaper than a kitchen. And then perhaps I could put a billiards table in the kitchen instead of the units.

I wonder if Anne is going to agree with me?
Old Mar 27th 2007, 1:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea - a BBQ would be a lot cheaper than a kitchen. And then perhaps I could put a billiards table in the kitchen instead of the units.

I wonder if Anne is going to agree with me?
LOL, I think I can guess the answer.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 1:10 pm
has got a huge member

Originally Posted by jdr
LOL, I think I can guess the answer.
I expect she has already thought of a place where she would like to stick the cues!! Ouch!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Deb B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Anyone know of a website or Agency that deals with re-sales only?
Try www.djbproperties.com
She is an independent agent with low commissions but she only sells in the area of the Hondon Valley - approx 30 mins from Alicante.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

mka2 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have just sold my house in spain this week, and my agent has said that no black money can happen now as it is ilegal so the ful price is being declared. maybe you should double check this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.