Reload this Page >

A Place in Spain

A Place in Spain

Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

VanishingDragon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Place in Spain

Hi Everyone!

Has anyone else been watching the program A Place in Spain on Channel 4 at 4.30 weekdays?
Its about a welsh couple Lee and Cheryl who wanted to move to the Costa Del Sol and start a Snail farm.
I missed the last two epidodes. What happened? Did Lee have more back problems? Did they make it?

Would love to know and I really wanted them to succeed!
Old Jul 13th 2004, 7:35 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

No idea - Channel 4 is showing A Place in Italy at 4.30pm at the moment.................................
Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:03 am
Just Joined

merlino is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi , they finally completed the snail farm on the land by the estate agents house and were all set for production of 100,000 snails in about six months time, making a profit of 5000 euros.
As for the back problem he needed to return to the UK shortly
for an operation.

regards merlino

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 3:37 pm
macdotty

Default Re: A Place in Spain

Hi Guys

I just got this e-mail from Tim Whitely the owner of the Spain Property Firm Villa Solutions thought you guys might be interested.

Andso Lee and Cheryls quest to find their perfect, idyllic location for the snail farm continues. Find out what happens when Lee (predictably) fails to keep his end of the deal with Tim, proprieter of VillaSolutions, and find out what the future holds for both Lee and Cheryl plus their slimey, slithery venture. All will be revealed in the scond series of Channel 4`s, A Place in Spain being broadcast from August 30th 2005 at 4.30pm. Keep visiting our website as we shall keep you updated whilst the third series is in progress so we will fill you in on Lee`s indecisive ways and Cheryl`s unpredictable mood swings. Watch this space........................

How do i know this I'm from the Gloucestershire Internet marketing and web design company DottyaboutIT and we've just been comissioned to redesign the Villa Solutions website.

Regards Macdotty.

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info Macdotty I'm looking forward to watching the second series. I just hope they never turn up any where near us.

regards
BW.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

A follow-up show is due to be broadcast next month. The pre show support spin has started so I hope I am not spoiling anyones viewing disclosing the Snails all did a runner so Lee dreams up some new business ideas !

I actually do hope they turn up near you Bigwheel as you are on of the few I think really could help them

Best

Loco

Originally Posted by big wheels
Thanks for the info Macdotty I'm looking forward to watching the second series. I just hope they never turn up any where near us.

regards
BW.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loco
so I hope I am not spoiling anyones viewing disclosing the Snails all did a runner

Best

Loco
I like it
Old Aug 24th 2005, 7:45 pm
Mrs

casaianda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by big wheels

regards
BW.
At the end of the first series they were very near us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone elses turn niow pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by casaianda
At the end of the first series they were very near us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone elses turn niow pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!

Hi
They have a fish farm in North wales which they try and swop for a property in Spain - this obviously fails and they then get into selling caravans plots in a site north of Malaga - but they then want to get a site of their own - they are due to revisit the snail farm in the next programme.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Cptnemo
Hi
They have a fish farm in North wales which they try and swop for a property in Spain - this obviously fails and they then get into selling caravans plots in a site north of Malaga - but they then want to get a site of their own - they are due to revisit the snail farm in the next programme.
I am watching the series now on Discovery (Life and something) week mornings around 10:30. He seems to be led by the life that he wants but he has no head on his shoulders, and they always argue about everything. Makes interesting viewing.

He is looking again at the farmhouse near Barcelona but has not told the agent he is there so Mondays episode should be very interesting, looking forward to it.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

nnbrnt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by countryboy
I am watching the series now on Discovery (Life and something) week mornings around 10:30. He seems to be led by the life that he wants but he has no head on his shoulders, and they always argue about everything. Makes interesting viewing.

He is looking again at the farmhouse near Barcelona but has not told the agent he is there so Mondays episode should be very interesting, looking forward to it.
I can't believe it is all true, especially after appearing on A Place in the Sun. I keep on thinking of Michael Winner "Its only" a program !!!
Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

bobthebuilder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nnbrnt
I can't believe it is all true, especially after appearing on A Place in the Sun. I keep on thinking of Michael Winner "Its only" a program !!!
I can´t believe it either, but it isn't as contrioved as that one about France where the bloke and his local shopkeeper bought somewhere in France
Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice

Originally Posted by bobthebuilder
I can´t believe it either, but it isn't as contrioved as that one about France where the bloke and his local shopkeeper bought somewhere in France

I've been watching the series and believe it is totally contrived, but as set up as some of the situations are, I also believe Lee is a prize pratt. (or is he? after all he must be making a packet out of the producers.....).....however, like or loathe them, it seems to keep us going back for more! It's human nature, part of us wants to see them make it and live happily ever after.....the other half takes great delight in seeing them fall on their faces...I suppose that's what reality TV is all about, appealing to a wide range of people. I must admit I couldn't put up with him around me...Cheryl is either a martyr or a fool. I hope they never discover our town....
Mary
Old Sep 5th 2005, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

nnbrnt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maryg
I've been watching the series and believe it is totally contrived, but as set up as some of the situations are, I also believe Lee is a prize pratt. (or is he? after all he must be making a packet out of the producers.....).....however, like or loathe them, it seems to keep us going back for more! It's human nature, part of us wants to see them make it and live happily ever after.....the other half takes great delight in seeing them fall on their faces...I suppose that's what reality TV is all about, appealing to a wide range of people. I must admit I couldn't put up with him around me...Cheryl is either a martyr or a fool. I hope they never discover our town....
Mary
We used A Place in the Sun as a means of getting to Spain first class: we knew where we wanted to go. But... there were areas of the world that they had no-one to go to so unless someone jumped in at the last minute, those areas were probably cooked up. At the end of the day we had done as much homework ( over 6 months)as the production team in fact the house we bought was one which I'd already researched but was chosen for the program which was a coincidence. What about Nigel and Nippy which is very watchable, but after a couple of weeks we realised that Nigel was the producer. Its all good TV and not to be taken seriously. I've just missed the snail farm today, we were out picking wild mushrooms instead and forgot!!!