Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pinoso area.. help please

Pinoso area.. help please

Old Oct 29th 2013, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

dorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pinoso area.. help please

Hi friends...

Here I am again on the move... This time I am moving out to near Rodriguillo, just outside pinoso.

I would appreciate any suggestions for Internet providers.. Vets (I saw on another thread there's a lady one in Pinoso, if anyone knows her please)

I will also need a load of wood delivered pretty soon for the winter as I hear it gets chilly up there in the mountains.

Is there a Dia shop there, seems their dog food is just about the only one that doesn't go right through my pooches.

Thanks in advance xxx
Old Oct 29th 2013, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pinoso area.. help please

Hi Doris, Rodriguillo is just down the road from us, in fact we travel passed on the way to Pinoso!. Internet, this can be supplied by microwave ( small dish about the size of a dinner plate) or I would think the normal landline via telephonica.

We have just had the small dish installed by a company in Pinoso called Conecta-3 the office is close to the post office. We pay 29.60€ per month inclusive of phoneline. This payable in the office with cash or you can pay via bank its up to you.

There are several suppliers for logs, you buy by the tonne, its usual to get a minimum of 2 tonnes. This works out between 150€ to 180€ (2tonnes)depends on what type of wood you want. Pine burns very hot and fast, Olive/almond burns not as hot but for much longer.

No shops to speak of in the village, but Pinso is about 3k down the road, with loads of shops and a big saturday market and just the indoor market on wednesdays. Big supermarket on the road in called Hiperbar, in the centre is Mas y Mas, there is a Consum also. Apart from that there are many smaller individual outlets.

EDIT: forgot to add the internet connection is 6mb when telephonca only off 'up to' 3mb via its landline service in this area.

Last edited by Bri and Katee; Oct 29th 2013 at 5:58 pm. Reason: missed a bit
Old Oct 29th 2013, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

dorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that info.... I did contact conecta 3, they are going to get back to me when I move in... did you have to pay for the dish or was that part of the package, and what do you get for your 29.60. just internet and phone or tv too... I don't actually have a tv yet, just my laptop, but I can get tv on that.

I have a strange fireplace (to me anyway) it's just like a hole in the wall... no basket to put the logs on for air to circulate... or am I just being naive..

can you pm me with number for the log people please unless you are allowed to put it on here..
Thanks again Jan x
Old Oct 30th 2013, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

At the moment Conecta-3 are offering free install, so you get the dish, the router and a little balck box that connects it all together free of charge. We went into the office on a thursday, the following tues evening we had a call on our mobile, could they come on wednesday morning at 8am to install? Yeah right!
Knowing the spanish we expected them about lunchtime but right on cue they were here at 8am! Do you mean english or spanish tv? Spanish is available via a normal antenna on the roof. English tv could be streamed via the internet connection. For anything else you would ideally need a dish and receiver installing.

I have seen a few fireplaces that are just a hearth type as you describe, they just make a little pile of firelighters and kindling (wife's terminology!) then gradually add larger and larger logs until you have the fire burning as you want. Nothing to hold the logs in at all.

Be aware though that this does create smoke and soot to float in the room from time to time. Not noticible when fire is going but a few days later you'll find traces of soot on furniture and flat surfaces. If you are renting then not a lot you can do, if you are buying get a proper sealed sealed log burner in as soon as possible.

I'll pm you the number of the man we use for logs, he is based in Fortuna but delivers across the area, prompt too especially if you can speak spanish! He normally prefers to meet you in the village and then follow to your home, saves him time. Rodriguillo has the central square which would be ideal for this.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

missbusybusy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll pm you the number of the man we use for logs, he is based in Fortuna but delivers across the area, prompt too especially if you can speak spanish! He normally prefers to meet you in the village and then follow to your home, saves him time
Hi Could you please let me know as well
thank you
oops
also do you use a local Gestor you can recommend ?
thank you

Last edited by missbusybusy; Oct 30th 2013 at 7:55 pm. Reason: forgot something