Pinoso

Old May 18th 2010, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

PammyJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pinoso

Been looking at propery in Spain and this quaint town Pinoso really caught my eye, it is just lovely. Was wondering if anyone knew much about Pinoso? I am a single mum so would also need to know if there were any employment opportunities and what the schools were like? Would really appreciate reponses from people in the know!
Old May 18th 2010, 8:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pinoso

Welcome to BE Pammy.

I am moving your thread to our Spain forum. We have a large expat membership living in Spain who will be able to help you with this and any other questions you may have about moving to Spain.

If you have any problems navigating the forums please do not hesitate to contact a mod or admin. The mods for the Spain forums are Fred James and Miztyboy but if they aren't around you can contact any mod/admin.
Old May 19th 2010, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PammyJ
Been looking at propery in Spain and this quaint town Pinoso really caught my eye, it is just lovely. Was wondering if anyone knew much about Pinoso? I am a single mum so would also need to know if there were any employment opportunities and what the schools were like? Would really appreciate reponses from people in the know!
I am sure there are members on here that live in the Pinoso area.

We visited there once and it seems like quite a well serviced area but it is kind of out on its own so you would def need a car to get to anywhere else.

I would have thought that employment opportunities were pretty dire though.

Good luck.
Old May 19th 2010, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

I looked at some property there a few years back, in specific off plan large detached properties. However, things like sewerage / water / phone line sounded all to difficult.

Had a nice coffee in the Town, agreed - Nice little area.
DSB.
Old May 19th 2010, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

hiya. theres not much there agreed, and i doubt if you would find work unless you REALLY enjoy picking grapes for next to nothing, for only a few months a year.

And yes, be prepared to drive a LONG way for anything you need. Its nice, but think about it from a practical point of view. There are a few british people there but mostly old age pensioners and very cliquey and gossipy.

ut if i were you, the last thing i would want to do upon moving to spain, is be around the english!

Good luck though but i would do a bit more research and also if you are a single mum, do you work or plan to, as you wont receive a penny in benefits unlike the "disney world" of the UK.

think carefully. I wish we did. Cost us a lot of money to get out of what we 1st got into when we moved.
Old May 19th 2010, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Pinoso is a town packed with english speaking people so don't believe everthing you read or hear!

It has a large market for fruit veg and meat products, open every saturday, some of the the sellers are open every day, the saturday market coincides with an outdoor market as well. It has many shops you just need to open your eyes, a supermarket called mas y mas as well. If you are looking for something along the lines of an asda then the place would not be for you.

We live about 6 miles away and use the place for shopping most of the time. facilities in the area are not as good as you will find in the coastal area or any large town, but they are adequate. Dunno about employment, like everwhere in spain its hard to come by at the moment. Albeit it is heavily rumoured that Pinoso is one of the richest towns in the Communidad Valenciana. Something to do with pumping salt from mines down to the coast. Although I only learned of this last week I do stand to be corrected if it was wrong information.
Old May 19th 2010, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by paintermujer
I am sure there are members on here that live in the Pinoso area.

We visited there once and it seems like quite a well serviced area but it is kind of out on its own so you would def need a car to get to anywhere else.

I would have thought that employment opportunities were pretty dire though.

Good luck.
Thank you very much for your reply! x
Old May 19th 2010, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Pinoso is a town packed with english speaking people so don't believe everthing you read or hear!

It has a large market for fruit veg and meat products, open every saturday, some of the the sellers are open every day, the saturday market coincides with an outdoor market as well. It has many shops you just need to open your eyes, a supermarket called mas y mas as well. If you are looking for something along the lines of an asda then the place would not be for you.

We live about 6 miles away and use the place for shopping most of the time. facilities in the area are not as good as you will find in the coastal area or any large town, but they are adequate. Dunno about employment, like everwhere in spain its hard to come by at the moment. Albeit it is heavily rumoured that Pinoso is one of the richest towns in the Communidad Valenciana. Something to do with pumping salt from mines down to the coast. Although I only learned of this last week I do stand to be corrected if it was wrong information.
Thank you for the information you ahve given me, maybe not the best choice for employment then x
Old May 19th 2010, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by painterhombre
hiya. theres not much there agreed, and i doubt if you would find work unless you REALLY enjoy picking grapes for next to nothing, for only a few months a year.

And yes, be prepared to drive a LONG way for anything you need. Its nice, but think about it from a practical point of view. There are a few british people there but mostly old age pensioners and very cliquey and gossipy.

ut if i were you, the last thing i would want to do upon moving to spain, is be around the english!

Good luck though but i would do a bit more research and also if you are a single mum, do you work or plan to, as you wont receive a penny in benefits unlike the "disney world" of the UK.

think carefully. I wish we did. Cost us a lot of money to get out of what we 1st got into when we moved.
Thank you, maybe like you say, in practicality this may not be the best place to move for job prospects etc, it just looked so nice but i guess that isnt everything. x
Old May 19th 2010, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
I looked at some property there a few years back, in specific off plan large detached properties. However, things like sewerage / water / phone line sounded all to difficult.

Had a nice coffee in the Town, agreed - Nice little area.
DSB.
Thank you, ok so maybe its more of a place to visit rather than live x
Old May 19th 2010, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

Thank you, ok so maybe its more of a place to visit rather than live x
yeah fair comment. Dont get me wrong, its a nice area but there are a lot of retired people around there, and the people my sort of age () generally struggle to get any work at all. Why not try nearer to a major city or something.

Employment prospects are dire here and if you have ever stood outside a dole office here or let alone go in one, the people there are ......er.........surprisingly well natured for desperate people. There is NO WORK in spain, full stop.

And unless you have worked in spain for an employer with a proper contract etc, you only get dole for a short while qand then it stops and then you get NOWT, NADA, not a salchicha, so if the mierde hits the ventilador, you may find yourself, as others have done, in a nightmare scenario with no-one to turn to or to help you. be warned. Its not all sun and sangria here and sorry to sound so pessimistic, experiences here have made me somewhat realistic.

on a lighter note if you find yourself visiting the area, direct yourself to a small place called hondon de las frailes (gorge of the friars i think it means) and there is a place called bar pepin who do the BEST Sunday roast i have ever had, but book early.

Old May 19th 2010, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

yeah fair comment. Dont get me wrong, its a nice area but there are a lot of retired people around there, and the people my sort of age () generally struggle to get any work at all. Why not try nearer to a major city or something.

Employment prospects are dire here and if you have ever stood outside a dole office here or let alone go in one, the people there are ......er.........surprisingly well natured for desperate people. There is NO WORK in spain, full stop.

And unless you have worked in spain for an employer with a proper contract etc, you only get dole for a short while qand then it stops and then you get NOWT, NADA, not a salchicha, so if the mierde hits the ventilador, you may find yourself, as others have done, in a nightmare scenario with no-one to turn to or to help you. be warned. Its not all sun and sangria here and sorry to sound so pessimistic, experiences here have made me somewhat realistic.

on a lighter note if you find yourself visiting the area, direct yourself to a small place called hondon de las frailes (gorge of the friars i think it means) and there is a place called bar pepin who do the BEST Sunday roast i have ever had, but book early.

Hmm definetly sounds like it hasnt been a garden of roses for you there? It would be a worrying situation arriving in a place like that the realizing there was zero potential of getting employment, sure there is a lot to be said for help in the UK, just a pity the lifestyle and weather was not the same eh!
Old May 19th 2010, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hmm definetly sounds like it hasnt been a garden of roses for you there? It would be a worrying situation arriving in a place like that the realizing there was zero potential of getting employment, sure there is a lot to be said for help in the UK, just a pity the lifestyle and weather was not the same eh!
dont get me wrong, its a nice place , but without reposting our story again we lasted 3 months in the area and moved to the outskirts of valencia city and have never been happier, this place ROCKS!

JUST DEPENDS ON WHat you want out of life.

being in the country, or at least somewhere in the a rural area can be VERY different and remote than anything you have ever dreamed of or seen in the UK!!
Old May 19th 2010, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

dont get me wrong, its a nice place , but without reposting our story again we lasted 3 months in the area and moved to the outskirts of valencia city and have never been happier, this place ROCKS!

JUST DEPENDS ON WHat you want out of life.

being in the country, or at least somewhere in the a rural area can be VERY different and remote than anything you have ever dreamed of or seen in the UK!!
Hohohoho that doesnt really sound like me, i dont think i would last very long then in a place like that, and just to make matters worse.........i dont drive aaghhhh lol!!
Old May 19th 2010, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hohohoho that doesnt really sound like me, i dont think i would last very long then in a place like that, and just to make matters worse.........i dont drive aaghhhh lol!!
OH GOD!

ok, maybe look at Elche, Alicante, Benidorm, Javea, gandia, Xativa.

if you want to move to spain That much, life will bring you here my dear, dont worry! you'll get here. This forum is great for advice and we used it before we came here just watch out for people who just come on here solely to wind you up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.