Photographer

Old Jul 10th 2011, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photographer

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
A good pro takes several shots ... one for the stiff formal picture, and once he has taken it, takes a few more as people relax. The guy I knew in the UK won the Fuji Film wedding photographer of the year by doing just that and getting some tremendously relaxed and natural shots
Yes, but better showcase his own ideas than mine???? !
Old Jul 10th 2011, 8:54 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Yes, but better showcase his own ideas than mine???? !
Heh heh ... to be fair he's been doing it for years and won that award back in 2005 0r 6 I think ... HERE
Old Jul 10th 2011, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Heh heh ... to be fair he's been doing it for years and won that award back in 2005 0r 6 I think ... HERE

sorry Mitz, obviously I meant the pro at #1 son's wedding was the one to pinch my setup, not your friend!
Old Jul 10th 2011, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

A good pro takes several shots ... one for the stiff formal picture, and once he has taken it, takes a few more as people relax.
Yes, an old trick, take the formal posed shots, then say something like "Right that's it, all finished, thanks". Then as they all smile and relax, quickly rattle off a few more shots.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 1:46 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Agree, there´s no shortage of "good" photographers, but not so many earning a decent living from it. Nearly everyone with a DSLR fancies themselves nowadays, especially the "weekend warriors" doing a few weddings here and there, undercutting the big boys. I think the word "pro" is used too easily nowadays, it can mean anyone that has sold a few photos! I take my hat of to the real pro´s, they´ve served their time and it shows. I think a lot of the Spanish would be reluctant to forsake their normal local photographer, that has been doing all the family communion, wedding shots for years, for a guiri! If the OP is good perhaps he´ll make a go of it, but I would have reservations about his chances of success.

An enthusiastic amateur.
I was spared that ordeal, as we were going to the UK, so there are no incriminating photos of me in a "sailor suit".
Old Jul 10th 2011, 4:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
I was spared that ordeal, as we were going to the UK, so there are no incriminating photos of me in a "sailor suit".
A couple of years ago we were invited to some Spanish friends daughter's communion, but we couldn't make it. So the daughter insisted on dressing up in her best "frock" for us so we could see how she looked, and to take some photos. Nice touch! Later we saw the official photos, so posed, so rigid, corny backdrop! The important thing is they were delighted with the photos, and proud to show them off to us. "Reportage style" wedding photos seems very popular now, are communion photos following the trend? Something more relaxed, more casual? I suspect the sailor suits will be around for a long time to come!