Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Phishing using EZY as the hook?

Phishing using EZY as the hook?

Old Aug 3rd 2011, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Phishing using EZY as the hook?

I got an email purporting to be from Easyjet and quoting (accurately, I might add) a booking reference of a flight I have coming up. It referred to changed details - there were no changes. I checked out the sender and their name came up on google....
I've emailed EasyJet but how common is all this kind of stuff and HOW do they get the booking ref? And my email address? etc? I'm assuming - may of course be wrong - that it's some kind of phishing scam or ther?
Oh? Who? [email protected]

Anyone?
Old Aug 4th 2011, 9:58 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phishing using EZY as the hook?

Unfortunately, hackers are able to gain access to records saved by internet companies in a lot of cases.
There are certain things you should do, to avoid being a victim of crime. One is, to always use different passwords for different log-ins. If you don't, you run the danger that a hacker uses your password that you used on a less secure website, to gain access to your financial stuff (although banks are trying to make this less likely, by using two-stage passwords etc). Another is, to never click on a link sent in an email - log-in on the main screen of the website, and check that they are using a secure check-in (https) when you need to make financial transactions.
This guy writes a lot about security issues, but there is a lot in there to digest http://www.schneier.com/
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phishing using EZY as the hook?

Today I received an email from what DOES seem to be Easyjet, pretty much confirming that it was from them (or at least could have been...they don't actually say, simply say that yes the flight time has changed)
So I've fired another query back questioning why they use a sender with what appears to be questionable provenance.