British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Pet Transport (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/pet-transport-720223/)

jo-ann Jun 9th 2011 6:45 am

Pet Transport

Has any one used Pet Taxi Transport? for transporting a cat or dog, and can give recommendations for me

Mitzyboy Jun 9th 2011 10:05 am

Re: Pet Transport

Originally Posted by jo-ann (Post 9421002)
Has any one used Pet Taxi Transport? for transporting a cat or dog, and can give recommendations for me

From where to where? :confused:
Way2Go in free beer operate UK / Spain, but not locally in Spain afaik

spainboy Jun 9th 2011 11:02 am

I recommend this guy which was recommended to me on here
http://www.landstransport.webs.com/

He charged me £300 to take my cat back to England plus all of my stuff too. Way cheaper than most of them. I was getting charged £500-£700 for my cat alone. He put her in the front with him (in her carrier of course).
Took 2 days door to door. Didnt even want to take the cash until all my stuff was delivered. Top guy!!

Domino Jun 9th 2011 11:04 am

Sorry can't help
The dog got his passport and packed his suitcase for Granada
We considered a number of options but in the end opted to take a week off and drove down with him on the back seat.

A fairly pleasant shared drive over 3 days and he came out of it relatively unstressed. Not sure about us after negotiating the massive roadworks at Zaragoza but if I had known I would have taken an alternative route.

jo-ann Jun 9th 2011 12:46 pm

Its from Alicante to Cadiz

fionamw Jun 9th 2011 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by jo-ann (Post 9421663)
Its from Alicante to Cadiz

I thought Pet Taxi were in Velez Malaga or thereabouts?

Dee_dee Jun 9th 2011 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by spainboy (Post 9421410)
I recommend this guy which was recommended to me on here
http://www.landstransport.webs.com/

He charged me £300 to take my cat back to England plus all of my stuff too. Way cheaper than most of them. I was getting charged £500-£700 for my cat alone. He put her in the front with him (in her carrier of course).
Took 2 days door to door. Didnt even want to take the cash until all my stuff was delivered. Top guy!!

I wouldn't recommend these people, they did one job for us, then we arranged a time and date for them to do another, and they didn't turn up..nor did they ring to explain why. We spent all day trying to track them down only to be told their van was off the road and had been for a week..couldn't be bothered to let us know obviously, and we were left high and dry and due to go back to the UK the next day with all our stuff still at the house in Spain. :thumbdown:

Better to get someone who is 100% reliable!

spainboy Jun 9th 2011 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Dee_dee (Post 9422584)
I wouldn't recommend these people, they did one job for us, then we arranged a time and date for them to do another, and they didn't turn up..nor did they ring to explain why. We spent all day trying to track them down only to be told their van was off the road and had been for a week..couldn't be bothered to let us know obviously, and we were left high and dry and due to go back to the UK the next day with all our stuff still at the house in Spain. :thumbdown:

Sorry to hear that Dee Dee.
Im only going by my experience and he was excellent on time and cheap and the ones who recommended him to me said the same.

john1979 Jun 9th 2011 7:48 pm

Spainboy the reason they were so cheap, not in my book but yours is their a removals firm as well and transport the two together, plus there not even DEFRA approved. I wouldnt want my dogs in with peoples goods or sat on the front seat, He does do that i've the email wheh he quoted me. I think it's a dear price that to be hoarded in with other peoples goods.

(SNIP)

Domino Jun 9th 2011 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by Dee_dee (Post 9422584)

a bit off thread but - in the uk wanted a fence erected, got 3 quotes accepted the middle one as he seemed to fully understand what we wanted. Took a day off work, no one turned up, various calls to office to find out when and was told on his way. Turned up at 3, muttering about having to replace the clutch, asked why hadnt phoned me and he went off on one. Got back in his vehicle effing and blinding and drove off. Got in another company 6 months later who did the job in hour and half.
What would their attitude be if I hadn't been in when he arrived.?

Arriving a little late or getting office to phone and explain is ok but even in Spain it is possible to contact someone somehow.