Pet stories

Old Jan 15th 2010, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pet stories

We all love to talk about our adventures in Spain but I thought our cat deserved a mention too and I wonder if other posters on here have any similar stories.

I bought Jaime from an awful pet shop just up from the ayuntamiento in Valencia city in 1998.I think I paid 500 pesetas for her(250 to the £ then-those were the days).

Having to return to the UK she caught the end of quarantine and spent 6 months of her life at a kennel near Exeter,returning to the UK by plane which is another story in itself.

In the UK she suffered many house moves with us.About 7 moves.

Then when we moved to Spain again last year she travelled by ferry to Santander.Stayed in her cage in the car all the way to Alicante to our new home......

.........Only to be moved again 3 months later to where we are now-back in Valencia.

So she has done the round trip and has ended up where she started many years before.

Now she is very happy and settled and glad to be home again.

We are very proud of her and I wanted to share the story with others on here who want to move with their pets.

It can successfully be done.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 9:11 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet stories

Originally Posted by paintermujer
We all love to talk about our adventures in Spain but I thought our cat deserved a mention too and I wonder if other posters on here have any similar stories.

I bought Jaime from an awful pet shop just up from the ayuntamiento in Valencia city in 1998.I think I paid 500 pesetas for her(250 to the £ then-those were the days).

Having to return to the UK she caught the end of quarantine and spent 6 months of her life at a kennel near Exeter,returning to the UK by plane which is another story in itself.

In the UK she suffered many house moves with us.About 7 moves.

Then when we moved to Spain again last year she travelled by ferry to Santander.Stayed in her cage in the car all the way to Alicante to our new home......

.........Only to be moved again 3 months later to where we are now-back in Valencia.

So she has done the round trip and has ended up where she started many years before.

Now she is very happy and settled and glad to be home again.

We are very proud of her and I wanted to share the story with others on here who want to move with their pets.

It can successfully be done.
has she remembered how to speak spanish?

glad she's happy

our cat who was 11 when we moved here lived another 6 years until this summer - she loved the (usually) warmer weather & I doubt she'd have lived so long in the UK

she too had moved quite a few times there - & here
Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:11 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lynnxa
has she remembered how to speak spanish?

glad she's happy

our cat who was 11 when we moved here lived another 6 years until this summer - she loved the (usually) warmer weather & I doubt she'd have lived so long in the UK

she too had moved quite a few times there - & here
I´m sure the cat meows with a lisp!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jur
I´m sure the cat meows with a lisp!
No.Shes meowlingual.

Sorry on OHs computer again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by painterhombre; Jan 15th 2010 at 2:02 pm. Reason: /
Old Jan 15th 2010, 2:52 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

We have a cat which we rescued at 4 weeks old in Cyprus when were were spending our lives sailing around the Med on a full time basis.

He has visited Turkey for one summer and then travelled with us back to Spain via Turkey, Greece, Italy, France and Spain.

At every stop (about 60) he left the boat and always returned in time to sail to the next port.

The worst leg, from his point of view, was in the car from Barcelona to Nerja.

He has now travelled over 4000 miles with us.

He is now 12 years old and loving life in Spain - he still likes Feta cheese though! He now has three other, younger, Spanish cats for company.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
We have a cat which we rescued at 4 weeks old in Cyprus when were were spending our lives sailing around the Med on a full time basis.

He has visited Turkey for one summer and then travelled with us back to Spain via Turkey, Greece, Italy, France and Spain.

At every stop (about 60) he left the boat and always returned in time to sail to the next port.

The worst leg, from his point of view, was in the car from Barcelona to Nerja.

He has now travelled over 4000 miles with us.

He is now 12 years old and loving life in Spain - he still likes Feta cheese though! He now has three other, younger, Spanish cats for company.
A great story.I knew there must be others out there.

Jaime is the same with food-loves chorizo,spicy meat etc

If shes poorly, prawns.

Always works.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

My pets are positively boring in comparison.... Zorra (always check out colloquial uses of words before being clever, we thought mask of Zorro cos she had a mark on her head as a pup, change to female, Zorra, vixen. Ha de ha ha can't call her loudly for fear of being thought a fishwife!!) the mutt came from friend up the hill's dog who produced an entire litter of different pups all from different fathers... yes it's possible. We got the best of the bunch, thankfully; one was put down after the by then owners were denounced cos she bit a pig or something! Two cats - Lenny who's cost us a fortune in vet's bills when he got a s e r i o u s back fibrosis and Portia - both from friends who were unable to look after them any more. As luck would have it, both Siamese, and bizarrely although obtained several months apart from different families, direct siblings
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:57 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Ours are a bit boring also. The cat was found in a field the week before we arrived in Spain. The people who found him presented him to us the day we arrived - he´s almost 6.

Then we had an alsation cross who was an escapologist. Sadly, she escaped once too often and had a RTA and had to be put to sleep.

Next some friends found our next dog down the bins in a very sorry state, full of fleas and ticks. He´s now been with us for 4 years. He´s a bit mad but lovely.

Then there´s our girl, a cocker/alsation cross. Chucked out by a neighbour at 3 months, although he said she escaped. I took her in and when he came later that day he asked me if I wanted her. We´ve had her 3 years now.

Finally, there´s the puppy we´ve been fostering for 6 weeks, after he followed OH and dogs home from their walk. Fortunately he´s going to a new home a week Sunday, and a very nice home it will be for him. The new mummy is someone from my area who posts on this forum. So, a happy ending.

Last edited by jjh; Jan 15th 2010 at 6:04 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 8:31 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing stressful for my GSD but he is well travelled. Used to take him all over the UK on holiday, to France twice a year, moved to the south of France fom the north of England, then moved to the north of France, then to Benidorm and now in Madrid. Never used to go anywhere without him but it's too hot to leave him in the car over here.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madridboy
Nothing stressful for my GSD but he is well travelled. Used to take him all over the UK on holiday, to France twice a year, moved to the south of France fom the north of England, then moved to the north of France, then to Benidorm and now in Madrid. Never used to go anywhere without him but it's too hot to leave him in the car over here.
My kids are all too old to 'leave' in the car in a dangerous way, not that I believe I ever have, but is anyone else paranoid about the temperature they leave their pets in the car? I fret about every extra centimetre I need to leave the window(s) open & it's doubly troublesome because 3 times now Z's escaped through open windows, nearly throttling herself in the process.....
Old Jan 16th 2010, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

Barbara writes some animal stories about Spain on Animo.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for sharing all your lovely pet stories.

What would we do without them.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 9:53 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
My pets are positively boring in comparison.... Zorra (always check out colloquial uses of words before being clever, we thought mask of Zorro cos she had a mark on her head as a pup, change to female, Zorra, vixen. Ha de ha ha can't call her loudly for fear of being thought a fishwife!!) the mutt came from friend up the hill's dog who produced an entire litter of different pups all from different fathers... yes it's possible. We got the best of the bunch, thankfully; one was put down after the by then owners were denounced cos she bit a pig or something! Two cats - Lenny who's cost us a fortune in vet's bills when he got a s e r i o u s back fibrosis and Portia - both from friends who were unable to look after them any more. As luck would have it, both Siamese, and bizarrely although obtained several months apart from different families, direct siblings

Old Jan 17th 2010, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Quiterio is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fionamw
My kids are all too old to 'leave' in the car in a dangerous way, not that I believe I ever have, but is anyone else paranoid about the temperature they leave their pets in the car? I fret about every extra centimetre I need to leave the window(s) open & it's doubly troublesome because 3 times now Z's escaped through open windows, nearly throttling herself in the process.....
Oh dear. We're thinking of taking our 2 mature boys (cats) to Spain via the ferry to Santander, but hadn't considered this difficulty. Presumably it's a problem every time you stop for a coffee, or lunch. What do you do? Pop them into their cat boxes and take them in with you?
Old Jan 17th 2010, 1:34 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

We have a cat who will be 18 this year, brought her from the UK 15 years ago. She has lived in 4 different houses here, will confront a dog and has survived getting a preying mantis stuck in her throat! She is still playful and will chase a piece of string and bosses around my two dogs. She has also flown a few times to the UK and the USA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.