Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

pension question

pension question

Old Dec 3rd 2015, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

seasideman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pension question

A friend asked me a question regarding pensions, something I am looking into at the moment. But her question is, she is thinking of moving to Spain, Costa del Sol. She has been a housewife for 30 years, and now she wants to return to work.

She is moving with her husband who will still be working for a uk based company and will be travelling back and fourth a lot. She is concerned about a pension. She is looking to find employment in Spain (told her she will not have a great deal of luck), or she plans to go self employed. She has 16 years until retirement age, and wants to know if she paid the normal contribution in Spain as a self employed person, what amount could she expect to receive as a pension in 16 years time.

Wished mine was that easy. I am writing to the pensions office to see where I stand with all that I have paid and if I get a joint pension, of if mine goes towards my spanish pension in 25 years.