British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   PDT v TIO (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/pdt-v-tio-835821/)

Domino Jun 16th 2014 3:44 am

Re: PDT v TIO

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 11303917)
I don't think LIW was being defensive...she was saying she doesn't mind if it is removed, It will be removed shortly.

I see LIW has her own personal mod to act as shortstop quickly rustled up from TIO using the back channel

And before this gets out of hand - I nor anyone else (other than the poster) made a request that I can see for it to be removed.

:blink:

Jerseygirl Jun 16th 2014 3:45 am

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 11303921)
Thank you.

It didn't look that large on the site I grabbed it from, honest guv. I don't think it is a large file actually since it's just a screen grab so it won't suck up too much power, it's just in a large format.

As SOS said you can't tell when you post it...that's why there should be some sort of block to prevent large pics being posted.

SultanOfSwing Jun 16th 2014 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Domino (Post 11303992)
I see LIW has her own personal mod ...

I want one of those. Maybe this one:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...c0FCFIoGeVxYUd

Please note the small picture size, too ;)

Fred James Jun 16th 2014 3:57 am

I see LIW has her own personal mod to act as shortstop quickly rustled up from TIO using the back channel

And before this gets out of hand - I nor anyone else (other than the poster) made a request that I can see for it to be removed.

For what it's worth, Jerseygirl is not a mod on this forum and cannot delete or edit posts.

I can and I did.

Jerseygirl Jun 16th 2014 4:06 am

I am not a mod for this forum. I am alerted to new posts in this thread because I have posted in the thread previously.

You presume too much...nice try trying to stir things up again though. :sneaky:

Sally Redux Jun 16th 2014 4:07 am

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 11303927)
You never know what size a pic will post at until it is posted, unless you preview the post before submitting.

It won't be a large file size, probably just a few megs, it's the pixels that determine the physical size of the image on screen. Bit of a non issue really, unless your internet is really shit, I suppose. Like 1995 dial-up shit.

You can't even preview them now with the new system.

rugbymatt Jun 16th 2014 4:07 am

*drops to knees, holds hands up to the heavens and screams* "Why god, why?!?! Why the injustice of it all?" *falls onto the ground in anguish*

SultanOfSwing Jun 16th 2014 4:09 am

I had gone back to look at the offending picture again. Didn't realise it had gone now, which is fair enough but I did see this:

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 11303056)
Ooh, sorry, that's a bit bigger than I was expecting.

We all, every one of us, missed a very obvious 'said the choirboy to the priest' moment. We should all be very ashamed of ourselves ...

Sally Redux Jun 16th 2014 4:15 am

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 11304019)
I had gone back to look at the offending picture again. Didn't realise it had gone now, which is fair enough but I did see this:

We all, every one of us, missed a very obvious 'said the choirboy to the priest' moment. We should all be very ashamed of ourselves ...

We were leaving it for you ;)

SultanOfSwing Jun 16th 2014 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 11304029)
We were leaving it for you ;)

Arsebags. I was speed-reading posts yesterday as I wasn't on most of the weekend.

I've let the side down :(

Sally Redux Jun 16th 2014 4:24 am

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 11304034)
Arsebags. I was speed-reading posts yesterday as I wasn't on most of the weekend.

I've let the side down :(

Must try harder.

rugbymatt Jun 16th 2014 4:26 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 11304044)
Must try harder.

So the title suggests a fight between TIO and PDT.... Do we know who's winning yet?

SultanOfSwing Jun 16th 2014 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 11304044)
Must try harder.

I feel shame beyond words.

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 11304048)
So the title suggests a fight between TIO and PDT.... Do we know who's winning yet?

It's going into penalties. Given the quantities of English people on either side, we could be here for a while ...

Sally Redux Jun 16th 2014 4:28 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 11304048)

A clear lead for PDT on pettifogging detail and paranoia.

rugbymatt Jun 16th 2014 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 11304054)
A clear lead for PDT on pettifogging detail and paranoia.

Oh the paranoia here is epic!