PDT v TIO

Old Jun 7th 2014, 7:48 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PDT v TIO

See what I mean
I could quote more
Old Jun 7th 2014, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I feel this problem cannot be solved.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 7:53 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Within the forum guidelines or unfortunately occasionally without, posters tend to develop the type of threads and exchanges that best suits their own needs.

Those who feel they don't quite fit in, tend to move elsewhere to one of the zillion and one other forums/threads that better match their requirements.

To attempt to uproot an entire forum sub-section and it's regular users and redirect them into something totally different and unfamiliar that most are not happy or comfortable with, is IMHO a gigantic error of judgement and the effects are already clearly quite obvious.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 8:05 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I have no issues with the transfer, the threads have not changed, just because some contributors chose not to take part is their choice.
To have new particpants is refreshing.
If you feel that you have something to say it does not matter if it is PDT. TIO, TCP, BBC or whatever you want to call it.
I supect that some would like to see a section, " New Posters Not welcome Unless you agree with us ".
Old Jun 7th 2014, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

two tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
Am I the only one who sees Bipat and LIW as welcome bringers of relative sanity to a mostly festering pit of badmouthing and bigotry?
You are certainly not the only one that thinks this.

For far too long PDT has become the preserve of a few posters only. Anyone with a differing point of view is hounded out by the regulars by bullying and as you say bad-mouthing.

You have only to take the example of EMR, someone who's views I cannot find a common cause with, 9 times out of 10, but who is, to me, a bloody hero to stand up to all the shit the people here have thrown at him.

As soon as the threads are moved to TIO and the PDT posters don't have their entourage around them - they get shredded.

They are now pleading for the protection of PDT so the nasty people from other forums can't get at them.

Carry on Mods you're going the right way.

Jim, karma on it's way.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 8:27 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Couldn't have put it better. There also needs to be some clarification of what is acceptable. I see Bevs has said

If a thread in TIO descends into no more than a tedious litany of personal jibes and name calling as has happened in PdT ,which in itself derails from a topic, it will be moderated I am sure. Either by the moderators or by the other posters themselves who tend to be able to self moderate.
"
Have I been reading the same TIO!
Now just this week I have seen a lot of personal jibes. Some people have been banned for less...How about

I honestly think you have a learning difficulty

You're a loon. posted by LIW

Are you mentally ill, or are you unable to read? Sultan

I was merely making an observation, your head was up your arse Sultan

All of these are in TIO and there are many more, not to mention the bullying and crucifying of our Andy who hasn't a nasty bone in his body
Take those snippets to their conclusion, though. Paul and I resumed (resonably) civil discourse within a page or two, while continuing to have opposing viewpoints.

Within a few posts of telling Dracula his head was up his arse, I also conceded that mine was up my own, too, but that I was OK with it. He and I didn't quite get back on track again but I doubt anyone is losing sleep over it. I think most of us will agree we're all big boys and girls and can handle ourselves if the need arises.

I think you're overstating the seriousness of it, really. Fair enough, for some the mouthy, sarcastic thing takes some getting used to, but one has to see past that. Or join in and give what you get, most of us can take it ...

Why not, instead of getting all arsey over PDT vs TIO, contribute to the forum-wide off-topic section with a few different ideas, or kick start some existing, older threads and get to know the people therein before you decide we're all cnuts ...
Old Jun 7th 2014, 8:29 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Within the forum guidelines or unfortunately occasionally without, posters tend to develop the type of threads and exchanges that best suits their own needs.

Those who feel they don't quite fit in, tend to move elsewhere to one of the zillion and one other forums/threads that better match their requirements.

To attempt to uproot an entire forum sub-section and it's regular users and redirect them into something totally different and unfamiliar that most are not happy or comfortable with, is IMHO a gigantic error of judgement and the effects are already clearly quite obvious.
Twitter is ok, you can debate without being whooshed. Understand what you mean about uprooting PDT...no way will I become canon fodder for a few. I joined this forum to discuss Spanish affairs not entertain a few who don't seem to have a life outside BE.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 8:47 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Twitter is ok, you can debate without being whooshed. Understand what you mean about uprooting PDT...no way will I become canon fodder for a few. I joined this forum to discuss Spanish affairs not entertain a few who don't seem to have a life outside BE.
Nobody is suggesting uprooting PDT. Both 'rooms' have their own place. PDT is obviously off topic with a Spanish flavour, but it would be nice if some of our Spanish expats were happy to also nip over to TIO and the Lounge and join in there, too. I have the Trailer Park for my American contemporaries, just like you have PDT for your Spanish ones but it's also nice to branch out.

It is the expat community after all. We're all British so that's common ground. Personally, I don't want to see you guys become cannon fodder any more than you do. What I'd like is a group of expats from a different country than America or Australia who are able to engage with me in lively discussions.

If you don't want to, that's fine. Just don't discourage others from branching out.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 8:55 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Come on boys and girls, we're all grown ups here. Debate is debate, and stuff gets said and we all move on. If we don't like people disagreeing with us strongly, then we can stay out of the parts of the forum that are specifically designed for strong disagreement. We are British (most of us) and that's how we talk a lot of the time, yes? And we come to BE because we are expats and here we can talk as we do within our own culture.

I, for one, would welcome discussion with any of you on any part of the forum. You bet I will argue my corner and you can argue yours. It should be enjoyable and stimulating.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

two tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Nobody is suggesting uprooting PDT. Both 'rooms' have their own place. PDT is obviously off topic with a Spanish flavour, but it would be nice if some of our Spanish expats were happy to also nip over to TIO and the Lounge and join in there, too. I have the Trailer Park for my American contemporaries, just like you have PDT for your Spanish ones but it's also nice to branch out.

It is the expat community after all. We're all British so that's common ground. Personally, I don't want to see you guys become cannon fodder any more than you do. What I'd like is a group of expats from a different country than America or Australia who are able to engage with me in lively discussions.

If you don't want to, that's fine. Just don't discourage others from branching out.
PDT wasn't a place "off-topic" with "a Spanish flavour", most of the threads were about how Islam is shafting Britain and UKIP.

I seem to have an extra comma left over from somewhere...
Old Jun 7th 2014, 9:02 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by two tubes of toothpaste
You are certainly not the only one that thinks this.

For far too long PDT has become the preserve of a few posters only. Anyone with a differing point of view is hounded out by the regulars by bullying and as you say bad-mouthing.

You have only to take the example of EMR, someone who's views I cannot find a common cause with, 9 times out of 10, but who is, to me, a bloody hero to stand up to all the shit the people here have thrown at him.

As soon as the threads are moved to TIO and the PDT posters don't have their entourage around them - they get shredded.

They are now pleading for the protection of PDT so the nasty people from other forums can't get at them.

Carry on Mods you're going the right way.

Jim, karma on it's way.
ABSOLUTE NONSENSE.

TIO is like a Sunday afternoon tea-party compared with what PDT once was and to me the main problem up there is sheer boredom beyond belief which is so obviously why they've turned to us.

The whole point of PDT was a bit rough and tumble for those who preferred something a little more lively.

No one is forced to enter the Plaza if the feel they can't handle it or it is not for them and that point has been made very,very clear by the mods.

As for getting shredded on TIO, I get the impression that most of them couldn't even shred their way out of a paper bag.

I can only presume that those who complain about PDT are of limited forum experience.
I've seem many very successful far rougher forums with no quarter asked or given and at the same those involved making really interesting contributions,...

...... rather than the pathetic stream of endless boring one liners up on TIO which I believe it was Bev who actually said she wished to avoid.

Why should our contributions be used to try and breathe life into them ?

OK it's within forum authority rules to do so, but I note that even our well respected ex mod, Mitzy, does not agree with what is being attempted and IMHO it shows an even worse lack of respect to posters contributions, than many on here are apparently being pilloried for.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Jun 7th 2014 at 9:07 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jun 7th 2014, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

ABSOLUTE NONSENSE.

TIO is like a Sunday afternoon tea-party compared with what PDT once was and to me the main problem up there is sheer boredom beyond belief which is so obviously why they've turned to us.

The whole point of PDT was a bit rough and tumble for those who preferred something a little more lively.

No one is forced to enter the Plaza if the feel they can't handle it or it is not for them and that point has been made very,very clear by the mods.

As for getting shredded on TIO, I get the impression that most of them couldn't even shred their way out of a paper bag.

I can only presume that those who complain about PDT are of limited forum experience.
I've seem many very successful far rougher forums with no quarter asked or given and at the same those involved making really interesting contributions,...

...... rather than the pathetic stream of endless boring one liners up on TIO which I believe it was Bev who actually said she wished to avoid.

Why should our contributions be used to try and breathe life into them ?

OK it's within forum authority rules to do so, but I note that even our well respected ex mod, Mitzy, does not agree with what is being attempted and IMHO it shows an even worse lack of respect to posters contributions, than many on here are apparently being pilloried for.
Why are you so frightened to put your views outside of your comfort zone ?
Old Jun 7th 2014, 9:18 pm
On the road again.

READ MY POST !!!

I have contributed and still enjoy doing so, to far more rough and tumble forums than PDT ever was,

....no comfort zones, no hiding place, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen sort of places.

If I enjoy them, I stick with them and take whatever flak I do or don't deserve on the chin.

TIO is an old Grannies Knitting circle by comparison.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

READ MY POST !!!

I have contributed and still enjoy doing so, to far more rough and tumble forums than PDT ever was,

....no comfort zones, no hiding place, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen sort of places.

If I enjoy them, I stick with them and take whatever flak I do or don't deserve on the chin.

TIO is an old Grannies Knitting circle by comparison.
But you don't want your views exposed there ?

Last edited by two tubes of toothpaste; Jun 7th 2014 at 9:21 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 9:21 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

considering the comments you have made in PDT and the attempts to derail (unsuccessfully) Gibraltar........
sounds like a turkey voting for Christmas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.