PCR testing.

Old May 27th 2021, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

MKABZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PCR testing.

Jon,
This has always been a fluid situation so we are used to that. If things change then plans just need to change also. Portugal and Spain want and need the tourists more than the other countries, so hopefully that will work in our favour, it remains to be seen.
Mary.
Old May 28th 2021, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Dont forget if you go from Ayamonte to Vilareal you are going from a Yellow area to Green and viceversa
Old Jul 19th 2021, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

boneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really nice

There is a clinic in Vila Real San Antonio that do Antigen testing for 25€ I believe & PCR for 100€ but your are allowed to have Antigen under current UK rules.
germanodesousa.com
Email: [email protected]
They have offer clinics so specify Vila Real San Antonio.
I am also enquiring at San Roque in Ayamonte.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by boneym View Post
There is a clinic in Vila Real San Antonio that do Antigen testing for 25€ I believe & PCR for 100€ but your are allowed to have Antigen under current UK rules.
germanodesousa.com
Email: [email protected]
They have offer clinics so specify Vila Real San Antonio.
I am also enquiring at San Roque in Ayamonte.
This is where we had ours done. Point of note is that it does take 24 hours to get your results back, that was for the lat flow (antigen) test.
Mary.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

boneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really nice

Hi Mary, which of those two clinics did you use? Did you have antigen and how much was it, what was availability like (although August may be mega busy!)
Old Jul 19th 2021, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by boneym View Post
Hi Mary, which of those two clinics did you use? Did you have antigen and how much was it, what was availability like (although August may be mega busy!)
Hi boneym,
We used the Germanodesouza clinic in VRSA, it is on the main street heading into the pedestrianised area, just opposite the "COFFEE" coffee shop. We had the antigen test, which cost either 25 or 30 euros, can't recall which, results are in 24 hours.
I would suggest if you have an exact date for returning home that you book the test as soon after arriving as you can. We just went in to the clinic to book our appointments.
I hope that helps.

Mary.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Mary. I've already emailed them so 🤞
Old Aug 8th 2021, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Rita_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NorahB View Post
Thank you. The San Roque clinic sounds like the solution .
Hi Norah,

Just wondering if you did manage to find PCR testing in Ayamonte, Ireland still requiring PCR tests for non double vaccinated. We are coming out in early September and one of the kids will not have had his second shot so trying to sort it out as we are only there for a short visit.

Thanks,
Rita
Old Aug 8th 2021, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

NorahB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rita,
Delighted to say heading out to Isla Canela via Faro this Wednesday from Dublin.
We are all fully vaccinated now so just had to fill out the passenger location form for everyone and bring our digital certificates. I believe we need to fill out online a passenger location form for return to Ireland within 72 hours of our return flight.
We probably will do a PCR on return for peace of mind but it is not required at present.
Children under 12 years are exempt from PCR but above 12years require a PCR before flying if not fully vaccinated. I had decided that if we would have needed a PCR on returning we would get it at the San Roque clinic. I don’t see much information on their website.
VRSA also doing PCR testing , details are on the other thread !
Let’s hope no more changes to travelling are required .🤞
Old Aug 9th 2021, 8:14 am
Just Joined

Parcheval is an unknown quantity at this point

FYI: I contacted Urgencias San Roque through Messenger (as no one replied when contacting [email protected]) and this is what they informed me:

"You can come whenever you want from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., except holidays, antigen tests have a cost of € 30 and PCR € 120. The antigen test we give you the result at the moment and the PCR we send the result to your email in the afternoon of the same day that it is done"
Old Aug 9th 2021, 8:14 am
Just Joined

vincentayre is an unknown quantity at this point

I have used them twice now, very easy and efficient.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 11:09 am
Just Joined

NorahB is an unknown quantity at this point

Very useful information 👍.
Thank you both !
suitcase packed already.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

Rita_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you everyone for all the information. Norah, enjoy being back in IC, feeling envious! I have been in touch with urgencias San Roque. Unfortunately they are closed at the weekend but they have said that they can do a test for us on the Monday at 10.00am with the results available at 7.00 pm, our flight is at 9.00 pm so a high risk strategy, but worst comes to the worst, we will just have to stay a few days more in the Isla Canela!!!
Old Aug 10th 2021, 3:56 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MKABZ View Post
Hi boneym,
We used the Germanodesouza clinic in VRSA, it is on the main street heading into the pedestrianised area, just opposite the "COFFEE" coffee shop. We had the antigen test, which cost either 25 or 30 euros, can't recall which, results are in 24 hours.
I would suggest if you have an exact date for returning home that you book the test as soon after arriving as you can. We just went in to the clinic to book our appointments.
I hope that helps.

Mary.
Hi

There is also a branch closer in Castro Marim, CM, but I dont know if they do CV19 testing on site or refer people to VRSA as I was there at lunchtime and it was closed. So couldn't ask... photo attached. Walk towards the Basilica from the Post Office, its on the left after the Multibanco ATM, just before the left turn to Coviran/Payshop.

It would be really handy if they offered this service as its closer, with easy parking though VRSA is not that much further...

Jon
PS They are doing major improvement works on the monthly market area in CM so its better (IMO) not to follow the diversion signs, but at the main roundabout head initially towards Altura then left at the roundabout after the back of the sports ground, towards the main road/Post Office

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Aug 10th 2021 at 3:58 am.
Old Aug 16th 2021, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Parcheval is an unknown quantity at this point

From Germano de Sousa in VRSA:

"Yes, you need to make appointment, the antigen test cost 25€ and the PCR is 100€, the results are in 24H by email."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.