PAYG Sim Card

Old Jan 4th 2013, 2:31 pm
zib
Just Joined

zib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PAYG Sim Card

Hello
I will shortly be leaving the UK to spend 2 months in Mallorca - can anyone recommend a good PAYG sim card for Mallorca - for local calls and texts - or advise on what to avoid?

Many thanks
Old Jan 4th 2013, 2:58 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PAYG Sim Card

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 4th 2013, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Tarjeta Yoigo - la del cinco tariff.

15 cent connection charge, 5 cents a minute to both mobiles and landlines, 10 cents per text, no minimum usage.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 6:42 pm
zib
Just Joined

Thank you Pocaloca - I shall look out for that one when I get there
Old Jan 6th 2013, 7:00 am
Just Joined

tccspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zib
Hello
I will shortly be leaving the UK to spend 2 months in Mallorca - can anyone recommend a good PAYG sim card for Mallorca - for local calls and texts - or advise on what to avoid?

Many thanks
Mas movil seems to be the best for short periods of data and voice, for Spain and Spanish islands.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 8:31 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Vodafone has a couple of prepaid plans for voice and data that are interesting:

"Smart 12" for €12+IVA (just under €15) you get 60 mins of voice, 600M of data and 60 SMS.

"Smart 16" for €16+IVA (about €20) you get unlimited calls in Spain, 1GB data, and unlimited SMS.

Their prices aren't the best but also not the worst, but their coverage is pretty good, it's easy to manage your account, see your usage, and reload online - and they have a smartphone app for all of that too (Android/iPhone)

Go to any Vodafone shop and ask for one of those plans. No contract necessary.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 1:00 pm
zib
Just Joined

thank you all - I'll see which shops they have in Inca (where I'm going to be based) - & then use your really helpful info to guide me. I only have a very basic phone so data isn't really an issue.