Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

passing on business to family in spain

passing on business to family in spain

Old Aug 13th 2011, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

jo exton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default passing on business to family in spain

Hi, dont know if you will be abe to answer my question, as i know laws and taxes here in spain are a little complicated, we have a legal company who look after our business and will ask them albeit we have another fiesta day on monday so cannot contact them and was wondering if anyone on here could help. My enquiry is that we have a bar in Ibiza which is on here for sale and exchange as we are wanting to move back to the uk. Our daughter is interested in having it , is there a legal system that allows you to gift a business to family without encountering the excessive taxes that we are going to in selling the bar. Also if we were able to do this would it be easy to change the licence into her name (we have a special licence cafe concierto) because if it stays in my husbands name and he works in england will it be as if he is still active in Spain? Obviously we want to tie up all ends in Spain to enable us to live normally in England without any legal complications coming up if my husband still has to hold his name to anything to do with the bar, ie if he starts work in England etc . We have been here 16 years and have encountered most legal things here but this is a new one to us , any advice would be most appreciated
with many thanks
Jo Exton
from a far too hot Ibiza !!!!!!!!!