Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

passengers in cars

passengers in cars

Old Apr 5th 2020, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

catsndogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default passengers in cars

Hi All Had a thought last night--------do now and then!! The rule about people in cars. Only the driver and one other person if emercency or medical reasons.. When someone cannot drive and needs to go shopping and hires a taxi and are stopped by Mr.Plod what would be the position?
Old Apr 5th 2020, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: passengers in cars

Originally Posted by catsndogs
Hi All Had a thought last night--------do now and then!! The rule about people in cars. Only the driver and one other person if emercency or medical reasons.. When someone cannot drive and needs to go shopping and hires a taxi and are stopped by Mr.Plod what would be the position?
you are allowed to use taxis if necessary as far as I'm aware. Isn't the rule that same as for normal cars in circumstances passengers allowed I.e. only one passenger who must sit in rear seat opposite the driver and that both driver and passenger must wear mask and gloves? Of course the reason for journey in the first place must also be for essential allowed purpose! I don't know if the taxis have to supply mask and gloves? Or you need your own.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 1:05 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Is it the case; if passenger cannot drive and "needs" to go shopping you are permitted to have 2 people in a private car?
Old Apr 5th 2020, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
Is it the case; if passenger cannot drive and "needs" to go shopping you are permitted to have 2 people in a private car?
​​​​​​I think only if they have need of some kind of care? I think if its a couple that live together then if one can drive they should be the one that drives and does the shopping leaving partner at home? I may be wrong. I know some places where the village/town is large enough to have a decent sized supermarket then you are expected to shop there rather than drive to say your desired normal supermarket. It will of course come down to person in authorities interpretation of rules!
Old Apr 5th 2020, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I do not drive, I live outwith bus services and take a taxi. They are allowed justifiable journeys of which mine is one. I sit in the back anyway and have gone twice now for food shopping. He is waved through the road checks with a cursory glance.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 2:32 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

One person per car UNLESS you can prove in a court of law with full paperwork, that the other person is dependent upon you. A child may not be left alone because of age is perfectly acceptable; a mentally disabled person would also qualify. I doubt that a physically disabled person would qualify - use a taxi would be the answer!

Davexf