Parking Malaga

Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:34 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parking Malaga

Where's the best place to park for a week at Malaga airport? I used to use RED parking - do they still exist - if so where? How much would it cost to use an official airport car park for the week?

Thanks in anticipation
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:41 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parking Malaga

Originally Posted by jimenato
Where's the best place to park for a week at Malaga airport? I used to use RED parking - do they still exist - if so where? How much would it cost to use an official airport car park for the week?

Thanks in anticipation
My car is in a car park called "chips away", really cheap (5 euros a day I think???) and really nice people!! They drive you to the airport and pick you up in your car when you get back - well, I'll let you know how that goes when I get back in the morning LOL!!!!

Jo xxx
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:45 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
My car is in a car park called "chips away", really cheap (5 euros a day I think???) and really nice people!! They drive you to the airport and pick you up in your car when you get back - well, I'll let you know how that goes when I get back in the morning LOL!!!!

Jo xxx
Hi jojo - I've used them before - they fixed my car at a good price as well! I need a bit more bodywork done now so I've 'phoned them and they are too busy to do it unfortunately. I might use them just for the parking anyway - let me know how you get on.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:48 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi jojo - I've used them before - they fixed my car at a good price as well! I need a bit more bodywork done now so I've 'phoned them and they are too busy to do it unfortunately. I might use them just for the parking anyway - let me know how you get on.
Will do, they've promised me that they'll clean my car inside and out (god help em lol) and they'll turn up at the airport when I phone them and the driver will make his own way back. I just drive myself home!!!

Jo xxx
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

3,50 a day , free minibus service to and from a/p

http://www.globalcarhire.net/
Old Jul 27th 2010, 1:22 pm
FreeThinker

Originally Posted by Rotor

The website doesn't say anything about car parking as far as I can see - what do I do - just turn up or do I have to book it?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I've just used :-

http://malagaparking.es/rates.html

The only company I could find that do a PORT transfer.

A bit hectic when I checked in but they were waiting at the port for me as promised when we docked.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

The website doesn't say anything about car parking as far as I can see - what do I do - just turn up or do I have to book it?
Ring em up , they are located opp Leroy Merlin next to the caravan parking site.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 5:48 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor

Do they hire your car out while you are away ?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

Are there no kind expats that will allow him to park on the drive and he gets the train to the airport or is charity totally dead.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 6:57 pm
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by jay01
Are there no kind expats that will allow him to park on the drive and he gets the train to the airport or is charity totally dead.
I would if he wanted and I'd drive him to the airport and pick him up!!

Jo xxx
Old Jul 28th 2010, 9:18 am
squeaky clean

yeah, that worked well!!! I had to phone them when I arrived to walk up to "Departures" and wait in the "island", but I saw my little car chugging round to pick me up!!! The guy was lovely and they6 apologised for not cleaning the inside of my car very well - he banged on about it needing an industrial cleaner , but apart from that it was cheap, efficient and they were really nice!!!! So, I dont mean to advertise, but as a personal recommendation "chips away" were good!

I'm now back in Spain!!! What a relief, I love it here!!!

Jo xxx
Old Jul 28th 2010, 12:17 pm
FreeThinker

Hi jojo - good to have you back.

Thanks one and all for your help - I think I'll go to Global car hire and see. There is a little "nest" of car parking yards around there by the looks of it - RED and SUR are also there so I should find somewhere.

Shame Chips Away couldn't do my bodywork...
Old Jul 28th 2010, 12:22 pm
squeaky clean

Hi jojo - good to have you back.

Thanks one and all for your help - I think I'll go to Global car hire and see. There is a little "nest" of car parking yards around there by the looks of it - RED and SUR are also there so I should find somewhere.

Shame Chips Away couldn't do my bodywork...

Shame they couldnt do "my insides" LOL. Hey, I meant what I said earlier if you wanted to leave your car at mine! I'm only about 20 mins from the airport, I've got a secure garden and I'm used to doing airport runs to pick up and drop of the "old man", visitors etc. I wont be cleaning it tho !!! Just PM me

Jo xxx
Old Jul 28th 2010, 2:48 pm
FreeThinker

That is a very generous offer jojo but as we're due back V late (after midnight) on the return journey, this time it's probably best just to use airport parking. Thanks anyway