Parking Fines

Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

polly.walker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parking Fines

A friend of mine got a parking ticket today for not paying whilst parked in a blue zone. The car is English reg and my friend is not a resident, but is a regular visitor and owns a holiday property here. Should he pay it or would it be safe to ignor it.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

shaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to all
Default Re: Parking Fines

Originally Posted by polly.walker
A friend of mine got a parking ticket today for not paying whilst parked in a blue zone. The car is English reg and my friend is not a resident, but is a regular visitor and owns a holiday property here. Should he pay it or would it be safe to ignor it.
What makes him immune to parking fines?
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:04 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Break the rules --- pay the fine.
Blue zone here, they give you a ticket and an envelope, go to the machine, put ticket in, pay the amount shown, take ticket out, put in envelope then put in another slot in machine, sorted.
Used to be about 3 €`sut now about 6 €`s.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

There's no envelope, just a printed strip of paper like a supermarket receipt with 40euros on it
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Break the rules --- pay the fine.
Blue zone here, they give you a ticket and an envelope, go to the machine, put ticket in, pay the amount shown, take ticket out, put in envelope then put in another slot in machine, sorted.
Used to be about 3 €`sut now about 6 €`s.
Yes I got caught out last week. I thought parking was free after 8pm, but it was 9pm

I dont mind paying a fine of 6 euros 30 cents. A very civilised amount for a fine!
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Is the fine 6euros or 40. I'm confused
Where does my friend pay at a machine
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Youe fine will depend where you live. I'm sure it is different for every ayuntamiento in the country.

It should tell you everything you need to know on the fine itself. If it is only in Spanish then shove it in an online translator or post it on here. I'm sure someone wouldnt mind translating it for you.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:50 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine.' So that was nice.

I'd pay it.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

shaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Madridboy
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine.' So that was nice.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Madridboy

I'd pay it.

The traffic police now carry around a handheld computer with a database of the number plates of all the cars in the country. So they can check up on things like unpaid fines, whether it has valid insurance etc.

A little warning for everyone...
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

There's no envelope, just a printed strip of paper like a supermarket receipt with 40euros on it
Should have an envelope with the piece of paper, the envelope has the instructions regards cancelling out the fine, this is normally in English as well as Spanish

Fine is 40€, normally 6€ or there abouts is what you pay on the spot to cancel out the fine, as said, you pay then put receipt in envelope and posy in top of the box,you do not say where you are, maybe different where you live
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
Should have an envelope with the piece of paper, the envelope has the instructions regards cancelling out the fine, this is normally in English as well as Spanish

Fine is 40€, normally 6€ or there abouts is what you pay on the spot to cancel out the fine, as said, you pay then put receipt in envelope and posy in top of the box,you do not say where you are, maybe different where you live
I think that's quite likely. I enquired in about Sept/Oct, at Trafico in Malaga, about a parking denuncia I received in June in El Palo.. they said if I hadn't received the proper thing (cos it did NOT say the fine on the paper under the wiper blade) then after about 6 months I 'probably' wouldn't be getting one. I gave up holding my breath after about a minute & just remain hopeful.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

sensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud of

i think you have to pay in 24 hours,it then goes up to 40e or whatever if you dont
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 6:39 am
Banned

johncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cricketman

The traffic police now carry around a handheld computer with a database of the number plates of all the cars in the country.......................whether it has valid insurance etc.

A little warning for everyone...

Re insurance cover, only for Spanish Registered vehicles, not UK ones
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johncar61
Re insurance cover, only for Spanish Registered vehicles, not UK ones
But as we know, UK ones won't be here for more than 3 months at a time, will they so they'll be unlucky to pick up too many denuncias

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.