Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pamplona Bull Run

Pamplona Bull Run

Old Jul 7th 2007, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about
Default Pamplona Bull Run

Today was the first of Pamplona bull runs in Pamplona.

If you want to watch them, they are on live on TVE 1 each morning at 8am until July 14.

If you're not in Spain or haven't got a Spanish telly, you can watch them on TVE International, channel 802 on Sky.

Here's a brief history http://www.spanish-fiestas.com/spani...san-fermin.htm

That's one of the things I love about Spain. They are so un PC!! No 'Nanny State' in Pamplona.

A lot of the runners are now tourists and of the four injured in this morning's run, two are Australian.

The last person to be killed was an American in 1995.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 8:36 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pamplona Bull Run

Oh I cant wait for this thread to evolve!

I know Kiwis who do the run every year!!
Old Jul 7th 2007, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derek500
Today was the first of Pamplona bull runs in Pamplona.

If you want to watch them, they are on live on TVE 1 each morning at 8am until July 14.

If you're not in Spain or haven't got a Spanish telly, you can watch them on TVE International, channel 802 on Sky.

Here's a brief history http://www.spanish-fiestas.com/spani...san-fermin.htm

That's one of the things I love about Spain. They are so un PC!! No 'Nanny State' in Pamplona.

A lot of the runners are now tourists and of the four injured in this morning's run, two are Australian.

The last person to be killed was an American in 1995.
I just spoke to my OH, he is in or near Rioja with my son (weekend away with my sons football team), they are standing outside a bar waiting for bulls with their horns on fire to run past at this very moment
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:05 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Theres one in denia on monday at the harbor, I am going to do it! you have to jump of the habor wall to escape it.

Last edited by Fuzzlepop; Jul 7th 2007 at 9:08 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
Theres one in denia on monday at the harbor, I am going to do it! you have to jump of the habor wall to escape it.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english...4109330618.jpg
do they get the bull out after ?
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:13 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I think so lol

I can't wait to do this, get some pics of me being chased by a bull
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah I think so lol

http://img.timeinc.net/time/potw/20030711/Bull.jpg

well I will look out up this way when Im at the beach in case he makes a swim for it !!!!
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I think so lol

http://img.timeinc.net/time/potw/20030711/Bull.jpg

My apartment is close to Denia hospital, so if you don't post for a few days I shall know where to find you! It's usually young males that get injured every year .... oh no, aren't you young and male?
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:24 pm
Drunken Monkey

Originally Posted by montgomail
My apartment is close to Denia hospital, so if you don't post for a few days I shall know where to find you! It's usually young males that get injured every year .... oh no, aren't you young and male?
What a nice thing to say
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

What a nice thing to say
Oh, it did sound a bit negative didnt it?

I am sure you will have great fun - that's the whole point of it - a bit of a risk and an adrenalin rush.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spain
I just spoke to my OH, he is in or near Rioja with my son (weekend away with my sons football team), they are standing outside a bar waiting for bulls with their horns on fire to run past at this very moment
well trying to look up where Rioja is - think Ive gone a bit mad the only place called Rioja is down by Almeria and they arent there - they are 6 hours away and when I spoke to them yesterday they were near Zaragoza so I think they are probably very near Pamplona ( doh, where they make Rioja - its late )
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by montgomail
Oh, it did sound a bit negative didnt it?

I am sure you will have great fun - that's the whole point of it - a bit of a risk and an adrenalin rush.
must be mad though - god I hope my OH and son are safely behind the barriers, Im starting to worry now
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:46 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
must be mad though - god I hope my OH and son are safely behind the barriers, Im starting to worry now
just saw some of it on TV ..... tossers ...... the bulls I mean, literally

Sorry, that doesn't make you feel any better does it
Old Jul 7th 2007, 10:02 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Oh I cant wait for this thread to evolve!

I know Kiwis who do the run every year!!
Here we go again Lets hope Magipixi or whatever her name is doesnt get wind of this thread
Old Jul 7th 2007, 10:08 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english...4109330618.jpg
the bull wins............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.