Paintbrushes

Old Sep 17th 2007, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all
Default Paintbrushes

Can anyone tell me what proffessional decorators do with their brushes between coats (or when they need to take a break) when glossing so that they don't have to keep cleaning them?
Old Sep 17th 2007, 11:06 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paintbrushes

Either wrap them in clingfilm or for larger brushes or rollers, pop them in a small polybag.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by dazzle
Can anyone tell me what proffessional decorators do with their brushes between coats (or when they need to take a break) when glossing so that they don't have to keep cleaning them?
Chap who's done our house put them in a plastic bag, still with paint on keeps them moist for a few days
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:35 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

You can also stand them in water.. works for oil based paints as well.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Thanks everyone, saves me some hassle
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:33 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby puts all paintbrushes in water after use - then forgets about them and we find them dried out and rock solid months later
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Now that sounds like just the sort of thing I'll do Lionda
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

squelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura about

Hi my hubby is a painter/decorator he suggests using a 'brushmate box', its a vacumm sealed liquid vapour box with wire brush supports for oil base brushes. The brushes stay usable for up to 6 months
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:40 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squelch
The brushes stay usable for up to 6 months

That would certainly be OK for me as, when I stop painting for a lunch break, it sometimes takes that long before I get started again!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
That would certainly be OK for me as, when I stop painting for a lunch break, it sometimes takes that long before I get started again!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 8:45 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lionda
My hubby puts all paintbrushes in water after use - then forgets about them and we find them dried out and rock solid months later

oooh sooo glad I am not the only one!!
When I am in Competa I love doing all the little painting jobs, even look for them, it is quite therapuetic!! I will be relaxing and then thought pops into my mind and I have to grab a paintbrush there and then. I kept the local ferrateria going all summer by the amount of disolvent I kept buying they are quite used to seeing me nip in with various colours in my hair or my feet but that is another story! for yet another tin, don't know why I never bulk buy. iIjust like being sociable.It gives them a laugh and they probably just think there goes another mad englishwoman! I do try and wash the brushes but they are never the same again, OH just gives up, but then he reckons spanish paintbrushes are far better than here and so cheap, so if i get them in a real state i just buy new ones and he is non the wiser!!
I even had my hairdresser in Competa remark about the andalus blue in my hair this summer, and still have it in the frame of a pair of glasses, but it doesn't show and not everything is blue tinted, and they are my old ones, perfect for painting in! But I shall bear in mind all your great ideas. But if anyone has the perfect solution for not getting painted feet, especially the soles, do let me know.

Luv Eve
xx
Old Sep 18th 2007, 2:46 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eve

oooh sooo glad I am not the only one!!
When I am in Competa I love doing all the little painting jobs, even look for them, it is quite therapuetic!! I will be relaxing and then thought pops into my mind and I have to grab a paintbrush there and then. I kept the local ferrateria going all summer by the amount of disolvent I kept buying they are quite used to seeing me nip in with various colours in my hair or my feet but that is another story! for yet another tin, don't know why I never bulk buy. iIjust like being sociable.It gives them a laugh and they probably just think there goes another mad englishwoman! I do try and wash the brushes but they are never the same again, OH just gives up, but then he reckons spanish paintbrushes are far better than here and so cheap, so if i get them in a real state i just buy new ones and he is non the wiser!!
I even had my hairdresser in Competa remark about the andalus blue in my hair this summer, and still have it in the frame of a pair of glasses, but it doesn't show and not everything is blue tinted, and they are my old ones, perfect for painting in! But I shall bear in mind all your great ideas. But if anyone has the perfect solution for not getting painted feet, especially the soles, do let me know.

Luv Eve
xx

wellies
Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:00 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Nooooooooooooooooo, wellies will make your feet hot and sweaty in Spain....

How about these.......

Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:09 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Or these.....

Old Sep 18th 2007, 3:41 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Oh wow!! Thats where I have been going wrong, normally paint bare foot and if hot in bikini or shorts, sad but true, mind you not if outside, I wouldn't want to scare the neighbours!
The feet normally get drips on them, I have tried flip flops, but it tends to get on top of them and then my feet get stuck to them, or on the soles and then you can see where I have been. Trouble this time was painting the floor in the room on our terrace, I must say it looks lovely now. But had just finished and had left an area to walk on so I could get through, stopped and spoke across terrace to a friend, and then promptly walked staright back into the room and onto the paint, laughed came back out to tell her and then did the same again with the other foot, quite a topic of conversation when at a pool of a hotel up in the mauntains, laying on the lounger with other friends when they kept staring at my lovely red feet!! Now everytime I go out they will ask me if I have washed my feet! That is where the disolvent came up trumps, good on feet and hair!! The worse ever was a blob in the beely button didn't know it was there, was leaning over painting for a while, stood up only to find the paint had started to dry and belly button was stuck together. Now you must be either thinking my painting skills are - - - - ! or that i am just a walking disaster, but I am getting much better and my painting mainly passes OH's scrutiny! well just! But I enjoy it.
Love Eve

PS I have even worn a bin liner, very sexy, NOT, but it just dripped off of it.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx