overheard.....

Old Dec 13th 2010, 11:07 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: overheard.....

Originally Posted by JLFS
This is another oldie from 2 cockneys in a bar in Malaga a few years ago.

"Spanish is not all that difficult but you have to remember that the Z is pronouced like TH.
As in FANK YOU VERY MUCH"
That's a cracker.
Must be the way you tell them.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't count as overheard, but a neighbour of ours was telling us recently that someone had been enquiring about the house next door to his (we are handling the sale for our friend in England who is ill). Who was it, I asked.
That Albanian bloke, he said, you'll know him when you see him. Albananian ??? I thought, I don't know any Albanians and I wouldn't have thought they were in the market for buying a house.

When the man came back it was all I could do not to burst out laughing - he was an albino.

Luckily I did manage to keep a straight face, I would have hated the poor man to think I was laughing at him.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 11:41 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard this on US radio show World Soccer Daily, a Jock interviewing the great Tim Vickery (South American footie expert), on the subject of the Copa Libertadores latter stages ties.

"Why is it that both teams in the other half of the semi-final draw are called Ganador?"
Old Dec 13th 2010, 12:01 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

....or that famous cricket commentary gaffe from a few years ago,...
" and the batsman's Holding the bowlers Willey".
Old Dec 13th 2010, 3:30 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

We Spanish somtimes make bad mistakes with the language too.

I was with a few English mates not so long ago and one said

" I am hard up at the moment"

A Spanish woman said.

" dont be so disgusting, I understand English you know.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
....or that famous cricket commentary gaffe from a few years ago,...
" and the batsman's Holding the bowlers Willey".
There was also one about Botham getting his leg over.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

I remember watching the BBC news years ago. There was a report about the
Japanese embassy hostage crisis in Peru. They were showing live pictures from a Peruvian tv channel complete with "En vivo" in the corner of the screen.

After the report news reader said. "Film there from En vivo tv in Peru".