Outdoor life

Old Sep 5th 2009, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of
Default Outdoor life

This is a question to everyone who lives in Spain.

Do you spend much more time outdoors than you did in the uk?

xxxx

Last edited by missbad; Sep 5th 2009 at 11:14 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 5:46 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Outdoor life

Originally Posted by missbad

xxxx
yes
Old Sep 6th 2009, 7:10 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

In England it rains 200 days a year - in Spain there are 300 days of sunshine.

The inside of a room is the same all over the world - I did not come to Spain to see the inside of a room!!!

So Yes Of Course! It is warmer of an evening for a longer period of days either side of summer (does England get a summer - or is this a misrepresentation)

Davexf
Old Sep 6th 2009, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Bakeja is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes of course and more importantly the kids do. Nice time of year coming up in that regard as less worry about sun burn in the evenings.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

xxxx
Loads thats why it's important to have some outside space, even if its only a little balcony.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 7:46 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
in Spain there are 300 days of sunshine.
I think THAT depends on where you live in Spain
Old Sep 6th 2009, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Triana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really niceTriana is just really nice

Yes, yesterday: we spent most of the morning outside, having coffee with friends, food shopping, and doing stuff in the garden. In the afternoon, after preparing some food inside and doing a few household jobs, we had a siesta in a hammock in the shade outside and went to the beach. And then friends came round and we ate outside until around 3.30 a.m. The weather makes a huge difference - no need last night for anything other than light, sleeveless, summer clothes, even at 3 in the morning (we live in Cadiz province). Obviously, winter is different but we still spend a lot more time outside than we would in England. For example, we've often opened our Christmas presents outside on the terrace.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

In the very short time weve been here weve hardly been inside.

We still havent unpacked the clothes we brought with us.

Our surroundings are fantastic with lovely terraces and gardens with so much life in it.

We just cant tear ourselves away from it- still on our hols I think.

Shame our poor cat Jaime hasnt gone out yet-I can see her salivating over the birds.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by paintermujer
In the very short time weve been here weve hardly been inside.

We still havent unpacked the clothes we brought with us.

Our surroundings are fantastic with lovely terraces and gardens with so much life in it.

We just cant tear ourselves away from it- still on our hols I think.

Shame our poor cat Jaime hasnt gone out yet-I can see her salivating over the birds.
You called your female cat Jaime??? Must be a bit of a store behind that!
Old Sep 6th 2009, 9:29 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Veleta
when I had dd1 in hospital a woman in the bed opposite called her newborn daughter Jaime (pronounced Jaymee)

as did the woman in the one next to me - but she gave the name to her son
Old Sep 6th 2009, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Veleta
Yes,the silly woman in the vile petshop said she was a boy hence her boys name.

When I took her to the vets to have her neutered they then informed me that he was actually a she-never thought of looking at her bits.

So Jaime she is.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

This is a question to everyone who lives in Spain. Do you spend much more time outdoors than you did in the uk?
That depends totally on which part of Spain you live in. Away from the coast in Andalucia the summers are too hot to be outside; except in the early morning and late afternoon/evening (Death Valley style: 40++ the rest of the day) and the winters too cold - down to -10 some days. It also chucks it down on occasion. On top of that, THE FLIES . From about May through to October expect to be eaten alive by mozzies, "buzzed" incessantly by bluebottles and have to duck, every time one of the giant flying beetles shoots past.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 4:03 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I do think more time is spent outdoors in Spain. We eat outside more. Not as much time spent out as people in the UK think though. A someone posted high summer is far too hot especially for kids. My neighbours kids play in their basement during summer so don't get to be outdoors as much as British children in summer.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 4:42 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I much prefer to be outdoors as much as possible,daytime,evening time and even night-time,........however I always try to keep in the shade,.... apart from during mid-winter or early mornings and late evenings, in the warmer weather.
As soon as it hits 30c plus I'm out of there to cooler climes.

Also love to sit on the terrace and watch a really big thunderstorm.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 5:04 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I like to see spectacular thunderstorms too. Wished there were more downpours at night. Have been in the uk for August and felt a bit closed in not having balconies and terraces from upstairs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.