Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Our electricity bill, more than NASA.

Wikiposts

Our electricity bill, more than NASA.

Old Oct 4th 2008, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

03630 will become famous soon enough03630 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Our electricity bill, more than NASA.

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I must say what an interesting thread lots to learn hereon. I have a quick question in my pool house on the back wall above the filter I have a large plastic see through box which houses the timer for the skimmers. To the side on the outside, Are two knobs one on each side. All I know the timer kicks in during the night. How do I adjust the timer to come on more in the summer we had algae and the dreaded diving beetle this year I think because I changed my tablets from the cheapo 18 euro bucket 3 in one to the 5 in one 29 euro bucket expensive is not always best.I have shocked and got rid of the water problems for this Year but why has the beetle appeared never had that before. Anyway getting back to the timer the pool house had no instructions left when we bought the house. Many thanks

http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/5.gif
Any chance of a photo? My controller is a clock face with little sections worth about 10 minutes, that are put in or out. Most pool problems are solved by longer filtration. Algae is usually prevented by Anitalgas. I use Astra.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 5:45 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Huevos
My personal experience is you can filter a lot less than this and still have the water crystal clear, you just need to keep the dirt from getting in the pool to start with.
I totally agree with this. Unless you use your pool a lot and have a number of guests you can reduce the filtration by a huge amount.

We have a 100m3 pool and the two of us use it for a max of 30 mins a day.

The filtration is only on for 90 minutes a day and that is on an off peak meter - cost virtually nothing.

After 5 years the water is still crystal clear.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 8:56 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jurdyr
whats the amp on that fuse that keep tripping ?
it's the main fuse for the whole flat - 15A
Old Oct 4th 2008, 9:11 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
it's the main fuse for the whole flat - 15A
That equates to 3.3kw in old money - far to low for any reasonable use as you have found.

Just ask the electricity company to upgrade you to a higher rating.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:12 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Thats good advice regarding doors and windows and bending around conditions on the cheap.

Only problem is the cool night air not coming in when the air is still.

Problem with AC (apart from cost) is you can get too accustomed to it, especially if you run a low temp., and then find it much harder to adjust to outside temps.
Perfectly right about the acclimatisation. It's sensible to use the AC as little as poss, because the less you use it, the less you need it.

As to the cool air. Gravity is your friend. Have an air vent (with bug screen) near the floor on one side of the room, and another on the opposite side as close to the ceiling as you can. Even if they have to be on the same wall, the cold air will flood in at the bottom and out at the top. The top one is the most important. The bottom one isn't necessary if you open the window.