British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Orange Mobile (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/orange-mobile-799593/)

HeikeundAlan Jun 9th 2013 7:39 pm

Orange Mobile

Does anybody know why orange.es silly website not accept
my English bank card nor credit card visa nor mastercard ???
Do I realy need to que in orange shop in Oliva or Carrefour again???

teuchterpete Jun 9th 2013 7:43 pm

Re: Orange Mobile

What about using a cash machine? They usually work fine.

HeikeundAlan Jun 9th 2013 7:59 pm

but if I top up online I get 100% added for free

bobd22 Jun 9th 2013 8:25 pm

Take it bank informed you may use them in Spain? just some have to be authorized if used outside UK and may be rejecting request.

HeikeundAlan Jun 9th 2013 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by bobd22 (Post 10748688)
Take it bank informed you may use them in Spain? just some have to be authorized if used outside UK and may be rejecting request.

what????? the only poblem I have is with orange .es not with uk bank card the work fine in spain.

bobd22 Jun 9th 2013 9:16 pm

OK it was just a thought in case trying to be helpful

jonboy Jun 9th 2013 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by HeikeundAlan (Post 10748649)
Does anybody know why orange.es silly website not accept
my English bank card nor credit card visa nor mastercard ???
Do I realy need to que in orange shop in Oliva or Carrefour again???

How about you use orange.co.uk silly website? No need to queue at all.

Kath Las Colinas Jun 9th 2013 9:28 pm

I have the same problem with Vodafone.es. It won't accept my UK bank for a top-up even though i want to pay in euros. It does, however, accept payment using my debit card from my Spanish bank.
Kath

HeikeundAlan Jun 10th 2013 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by bobd22 (Post 10748745)
OK it was just a thought in case trying to be helpful

was not ment to be mean:(
but I did say my problem is with the online servce.....:thumbdown:
I can top up at atm but that way I loose out on 100% extra,
so they take my card at atm and in the shop you see:eek:
oh well will see if anybody here on campsite will do it for me,
as I have the cash in hand

RyanD Jun 10th 2013 12:31 pm

Do they have a support line? try to check with them, it sounds like the problem is on their side

bobd22 Jun 10th 2013 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by HeikeundAlan (Post 10749652)
was not ment to be mean:(
but I did say my problem is with the online servce.....:thumbdown:
I can top up at atm but that way I loose out on 100% extra,
so they take my card at atm and in the shop you see:eek:
oh well will see if anybody here on campsite will do it for me,
as I have the cash in hand

That could be the problem ATM you use your pin but as online it is being presented direct without any PIN or other authorisation. Even if you use in a shop you authorise by PIN.
It is something I need to look into to be honest as I bank online and need to ask to confirm it will all work over in Spain.

mikelincs Jun 10th 2013 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by bobd22 (Post 10749894)
That could be the problem ATM you use your pin but as online it is being presented direct without any PIN or other authorisation. Even if you use in a shop you authorise by PIN.
It is something I need to look into to be honest as I bank online and need to ask to confirm it will all work over in Spain.

We used Spanish bank cards when we lived in Spain, even though we had UK cards, it may be just that the on-line payment system doesn't recognise the UK card number system.

bobd22 Jun 10th 2013 3:53 pm

Very possibly but they seem to recognise them when used with a Pin in a chip and pin machine. I also to be honest use my Spanish bank debit card I only ever use my UK credit card for deposit on hire cars. My personal concern that I have to resolve by speaking to my bank is that as I use online banking which is secured via my UK debit card Barclays. Now I am retired and spend longer in Spain will that affect my use of online banking as I may need to use that to make a online transfer it is a quest ion I need to ask. I do know it used to be that with some bank/credit cards you had to inform them if you were intending using them abroad.

HeikeundAlan Jun 10th 2013 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by bobd22 (Post 10750022)
Very possibly but they seem to recognise them when used with a Pin in a chip and pin machine. I also to be honest use my Spanish bank debit card I only ever use my UK credit card for deposit on hire cars. My personal concern that I have to resolve by speaking to my bank is that as I use online banking which is secured via my UK debit card Barclays. Now I am retired and spend longer in Spain will that affect my use of online banking as I may need to use that to make a online transfer it is a quest ion I need to ask. I do know it used to be that with some bank/credit cards you had to inform them if you were intending using them abroad.

we bank online with our Uk banks works great:thumbsup:
for our euros we have a caxton fx euro card that works well online too:thumbup:
ornage have send me a phone number for the english speaking service out here in spain now if Anybody else needs this service number is 902011900

bobd22 Jun 10th 2013 7:56 pm

Good to hear that thanks