Wikiposts

Orange Blossom

Old Apr 4th 2008, 4:41 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Orange Blossom

I dont know how far the orange groves stretch, but in this area at the moment there is the most beautiful smell of Orange Blossom everywhere ..... it really is a pleasure when you're out and about. Also I don't know if you have ever picked an orange straight off the tree and eaten it, but they really are fantastic to taste.

Just thought I'd share that, as its one of the really nice things about this area at this time of year.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

SHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud of
Default Re: Orange Blossom

how often do the trees produce oranges.is it only once a year or more?
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SHERGAR
It has to be more surely as my wife did as Mitzyboy said and picked an orange in a grove not far from Oliva (Gandia way) in mid January.

We will be back in the area in 2 weeks time so hope the smell lasts!!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SHERGAR
Just once a year, but with a prolonged harvest due to location and variety. Locally, (just north-west of Valencia City) the harvest has only just finished, but, as Mitzy says, the aroma is magical.
Tim
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I dont know how far the orange groves stretch, but in this area at the moment there is the most beautiful smell of Orange Blossom everywhere ..... it really is a pleasure when you're out and about. Also I don't know if you have ever picked an orange straight off the tree and eaten it, but they really are fantastic to taste.

Just thought I'd share that, as its one of the really nice things about this area at this time of year.
Funny you should mention that, I've just taken the children down the garden and pointed out the oranges on the trees and the lovely smell of the orange blossom, showed them the passion fruit, and the pear trees (sadly, no pears!).
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:39 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Just to make you all sick in the UK, I have just been sipping chilled rose wine with grapefruit juice (you ought to try it!) on the balcony in the sunshine with the aroma of Orange Blossom in the air, and now off for a stroll to the local restaurant for a steak which will probably cost us €25

Bi till later
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:40 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Just once a year, but with a prolonged harvest due to location and variety. Locally, (just north-west of Valencia City) the harvest has only just finished, but, as Mitzy says, the aroma is magical.
Tim

No .... here Tim they seem to harvest at least twice a year, obviously different varieties
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

No .... here Tim they seem to harvest at least twice a year, obviously different varieties
Must be then! They have been harvesting here for a couple of months, but only now do we have the smell.
Evidently, (local folklore probably!), you are allowed to pick up to two each from the trees, as long as you stand there and eat them. If you take them away, it's theft!
And by the way, there's some serious cloud cover on its' way to you! Sit inside for dinner!!!
Tim
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Strangely enough my Lemon and my Orange trees have no leaves on them at the moment never mind any blossom! Mind you this could be because they are outside i our Yorkshire garden after me deciding not to move them into the conservatory this winter!! The olive tree is fine though, leaves a little yellowed but doing ok.

They were ok until we had the snow a couple of weeks back
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:48 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

You will not get the smell of the blossom when your up here
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Just to make you all sick in the UK, I have just been sipping chilled rose wine with grapefruit juice (you ought to try it!) on the balcony in the sunshine with the aroma of Orange Blossom in the air, and now off for a stroll to the local restaurant for a steak which will probably cost us €25

Bi till later
Thanks ever so much for that Mitzy. So pleased that you are living in a heaven-like place. I wish I could return the favour sometime but being over here hell would freeze over first!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a place where Mimi Greensleeves, Dodgy Debsy and that there Lionda wont find me.
genegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Orange Blossom

Originally Posted by DebsyW
Thanks ever so much for that Mitzy. So pleased that you are living in a heaven-like place. I wish I could return the favour sometime but being over here hell would freeze over first!
Dont forget Debsy, there are some beautiful places in our part of the world.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:54 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Orange blossom is fantastic.

If you are planting orange trees, give a thought to ortanique mandarins.

They are superb tasting with good sugar and acidity levels, even after being shipped to the UK, unlike a lot of oranges, which are frankly pants by the time I get them here.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

buenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to all

It's not just orange blossom but the blossom on all the citrus fruit trees have a similar scent. We have got lemon and grapefruit trees and the scent is all around the garden.
Chilled rosado wine with La Casera (Spanish lemonade) is also very refreshing on warm days and some of our local Spanish restaurants chill red wine in the summer; try it, it's ok.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 9:02 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Chilled sparkling red is the dog's whatsits.

I like tinto de verano, which is basically a chiled red wine spritzer, which you can make it with sparkling water, lemonade or bitter lemon according to taste.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.