Orange and 2G?

Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute
Default Orange and 2G?

Probably no-one will know or care about this but anyway-
I have a contract with Orange and I have a collection of mobiles going back to the early 90s. A few days ago I decided to get rid of some of the phones and thought that I ought to check them out first. I tried them with the Orange sim, no go! Checking the phones' specs showed that they were 900MHz only, and the available networks showed only Airtel and Movistar. Checking with Netmon on another phone showed that Orange had no 900MHz channels in Torremolinos, I checked and found that Benalmadena was the same. I put a query on the Orange site but have had no reply. I understood that they were obliged to use the 900MHz band under the terms of their license.
I bought a Lebara Sim and this is working fine on 900MHz so maybe it will be worthwhile changing completey to another operator and seeing the amount of change to fibre for the fixed line consider that too.