Only in Spain

Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Only in Spain

I ordered some 79 sqm of floor tiles last week from a shop about 4kms from our house. I was told that they would have to be ordered from Seville, and they would ring me to arrange delivery.
I received a call this afternoon to say the tiles had arrived at the shop and were we at home to accept and pay for them in around 20 minutes? Yes I replied.

25 minutes later the door bell rings and there is a guy outside with a fork lift complete with a pallet ful of tiles having driven it the 4kms

And there was me expecting a truck with a Hi-ab.

Last edited by big wheels; Jun 27th 2007 at 11:18 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:04 am
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Only in Spain

hahaha that is crazy
Old Jun 28th 2007, 5:43 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
I ordered some 79 sqm of floor tiles last week from a shop about 4kms from our house. I was told that they would have to be ordered from Seville, and they would ring me to arrange delivery.
I received a call this afternoon to say the tiles had arrived at the shop and were we at home to accept and pay for them in around 20 minutes? Yes I replied.

25 minutes later the door bell rings and there is a guy outside with a fork lift complete with a pallet ful of tiles having driven it the 4kms

They deliver some stuff from the builders merchants up the top of the hill by dumper. ;-)
Old Jun 28th 2007, 6:04 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

You know you are living in Spain when that sort of thing happens. We see so many things that we know would not occur in UK and that is what makes this life so different and interesting.

Rosemary
Old Jun 28th 2007, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

blimey that must of been a slooooooow ride
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:18 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Big Wheels - you've really cheered me up and given me a good start to the day with that one hubbys laughin too
Old Jun 28th 2007, 9:16 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

What on average do a sort of standard floor tiles sell for here? I guess you've done the research. I've been quoted 10 e per sq mtr for a pretty standard light mottled finish tile
Old Jun 28th 2007, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
What on average do a sort of standard floor tiles sell for here? I guess you've done the research. I've been quoted 10 e per sq mtr for a pretty standard light mottled finish tile
€10 sounds reasonable.
I would say the average price for decent floor tiles ranges from €8-€12. I have just paid €10 for something similar to the ones you described. You can also buy "seconds" for around €5-€6 They usually look fine, but may be somewhat warped, and difficult to lay. (waiting for the replies on that bit)

I would avoid the fancy places such as Porcelanosa eg. unless you want to pay around €20-€40 per m. stick to builders merchants.

Don't forget you will also need "rodapies" (plinths for the edges) these usually work out at around €1-€2 per linear m
Old Jun 28th 2007, 3:38 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

We have never paid any more than 5 E a square metre and my other half cuts the tile to create the edge. we have found Brico Depot the best quality and price, First not seconds