Off-topic posts from Costa Esuri thread

Old May 31st 2009, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

hatton is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Off-topic posts from Costa Esuri thread

Originally Posted by chrismortley
I've sent you a PM

Chris
Thanks for taking time to answer me ...keep getting my post deleted as rules state can't post only to be able to read my messages ! Not sure what else to put though as only wanted info....don't want to fill the thread with inane prattle !!!
Old May 31st 2009, 1:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by hatton
Thanks for taking time to answer me ...keep getting my post deleted as rules state can't post only to be able to read my messages ! Not sure what else to put though as only wanted info....don't want to fill the thread with inane prattle !!!
Isn`t that what you was doing ? ;-))
Old May 31st 2009, 1:50 pm
Account Closed

hatton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Wow.......now unsubscribing....scary people and most unfriendly !
Old May 31st 2009, 2:25 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hatton
Wow.......now unsubscribing....scary people and most unfriendly !
I am sorry you feel that way, no one is trying to be unfriendly. It's just we have to have the 3 post min count rule in place in order to deter spammers. I'm sure you understand that our goal is that our members are not bothered by people sending them unsolicited promotional messages etc through their private messages.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 11:01 am
Banned

JAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura aboutJAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura aboutJAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jdr
Isn't that what you are doing?
Old Jun 1st 2009, 11:03 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAG SIDHU
Isn't that what you are doing?
Ditto. ;-))
Old Jun 1st 2009, 11:40 am
Banned

JAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura aboutJAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura aboutJAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jdr
Ditto. ;-))
Touchy, I was just correcting your grammar. But now you think about it....

Mind you how else am I going to get to 15 million posts eh.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

gerrythephone will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jdr
Ditto. ;-))
Is it just folk on this thread you antagonise or are you consistent across the whole of the forum-Grow up and perhaps consider your position
Old Jun 1st 2009, 12:55 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by gerrythephone
Is it just folk on this thread you antagonise or are you consistent across the whole of the forum-Grow up and perhaps consider your position
It was not directed at you unless you are a sock puppet, but as you asked I will reply.
The guy was breaking the rules of the forum just so he could receive PM`s.
The idea of a forum is to post information in the thread, not only for the person asking the question, but it may also help other people at the same time or later on.
Google is your friend, try Forum.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sue
I am sorry you feel that way, no one is trying to be unfriendly. It's just we have to have the 3 post min count rule in place in order to deter spammers. I'm sure you understand that our goal is that our members are not bothered by people sending them unsolicited promotional messages etc through their private messages.
Now here's a radical thought......seeing as it is impossible for new members to OPEN their PMs, why can´t this site be fixed so that it is also impossible for people to SEND PMs to new members until they hit that 3 mark? Shouldn't the person who spends ages pouring over a long PM at least be aware that it can't be read by the recipient??

Put yourself in the shoes of the newbie.....you see a message in your inbox but when you try to open it you get an error message saying you need to "post more messages first".....what are you going to do? POST MORE MESSAGES OF COURSE!!. But lo and behold, you've just been lured into the trap...you've broken the rules so your posts get deleted and you still can't access your PMs, and now you are branded a forum "criminal".

Perhaps this small change to the site could be considered by the powers that be, and then maybe people like Hatton won't be lured into breaking the rules (probably unknowingly) and getting his head repeatedly smashed by people waving the rule book so that he feels the need to leave us in disgust.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 3:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by gerrythephone
Pretty much consistent right across the forum, but he does dislike this thread in particular. But what can you say he is the owner.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 3:30 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by JAG SIDHU
Pretty much consistent right across the forum, but he does dislike this thread in particular. But what can you say he is the owner.
You really have no idea, do you ? lol
To get the true facts ask the original thread starter, Sam.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 3:59 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
You really have no idea, do you ? lol
To get the true facts ask the original thread starter, Sam.
Why, what does Sam have to do with the fact you are regularly antagonistic?
Old Jun 1st 2009, 4:46 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Veleta
Now here's a radical thought......seeing as it is impossible for new members to OPEN their PMs, why can´t this site be fixed so that it is also impossible for people to SEND PMs to new members until they hit that 3 mark? Shouldn't the person who spends ages pouring over a long PM at least be aware that it can't be read by the recipient??

Put yourself in the shoes of the newbie.....you see a message in your inbox but when you try to open it you get an error message saying you need to "post more messages first".....what are you going to do? POST MORE MESSAGES OF COURSE!!. But lo and behold, you've just been lured into the trap...you've broken the rules so your posts get deleted and you still can't access your PMs, and now you are branded a forum "criminal".

Perhaps this small change to the site could be considered by the powers that be, and then maybe people like Hatton won't be lured into breaking the rules (probably unknowingly) and getting his head repeatedly smashed by people waving the rule book so that he feels the need to leave us in disgust.
No one is smashing him!!! Sue & I removed some posts which were blatent "heres another one" type posts. Theres one set of rules and we apply them equally as the rule is there for a good reason. I dont think meaningful posts are too much to ask, do you?

I'm not sure that the software is sophisticated to do what you ask. Thats because I cant pm new members either which is annoying. If they were able to do it, they would have set it for us (mods)
Old Jun 1st 2009, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
No one is smashing him!!! Sue & I removed some posts which were blatent "heres another one" type posts. Theres one set of rules and we apply them equally as the rule is there for a good reason. I dont think meaningful posts are too much to ask, do you?

I'm not sure that the software is sophisticated to do what you ask. Thats because I cant pm new members either which is annoying. If they were able to do it, they would have set it for us (mods)
Well, I dunno. Hatton felt sufficiently victimised to leave us in disgust. "Smashing" was of course not meant in the literal sense!!, but I'm sure you realised that.

Regarding the software, if it is sofisiticated enough to prevent someone from opening a PM, surely it is sofisiticated enough to prevent someone from sending one too??

Anyway, I have no clue about the IT side of things. I just wanted to state that I think the rule about making 3 posts lures unwary people into breaking the other rule about the content of these posts. It seems a little unfair to me and is likely to trap newbies, such as Hatton. I guest this thread isn't really the best place to make "recommendations" to the powers that be, but in the absence of knowing an appropriate avenue...here's my 2 cents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.