Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

OAPs behaving badly channel 5

OAPs behaving badly channel 5

Old Jul 10th 2014, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute
Default OAPs behaving badly channel 5

This programme, for those who missed it, showed pensioners living it up in the Canary Islands, blowing their WFA and the children's inheritances on booze, fags and nightlife.
If ever George Osbourne wondered whether to kill off the WFA, for expats, let's hope he didn't see last night's programme!
After seeing everything hang out, perhaps there will be a law to ban thongs for OAPs.
I bet a lot of people in the UK really believe the majority of pensioners abroad are drink sodden old gits with too much pension, as portrayed in this documentary.
Leapy Lee was funny though, and the old bloke trying to reel the customers into the bar, while the worst for wear! He was hilarious on the mobility scooter.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OAPs behaving badly channel 5

I say if they have paid it into their pension schemes then they can spend it how they like

I've just watched the programme and good luck to all those 'old uns' let them spend and enjoy
Old Jul 11th 2014, 6:57 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Great programme wasn't it?

I was wondering which one was tommy.
Old Jul 11th 2014, 8:42 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I watched it and I turned green with envy. My wife and I, and our respectable friends get dressed up and go to sedate places where they play the music quietly and if any of our company died on their evening out it wouldn’t be noticed.

I’ve just been checking the net for flights to Tenerife.
Old Jul 11th 2014, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

So you don' t mind these silly old fools giving the rest of us a bad name?
To me the jollity seemed forced.
Anyone who didn't drink themselves silly all the time is regarded as the odd one out.
The old man in the thong was particularly repulsive!
I imagine Leapy Lee is the subject of male pensioners, though!
Old Jul 11th 2014, 4:22 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neptuno
Anyone who didn't drink themselves silly all the time is regarded as the odd one out.
I'm sure a lot of it was caricatured for the cameras. I should hope so anyway.
Old Jul 11th 2014, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

When you get to their age and be as sprightly and happy as they are then there is nothing to be ashamed of.

The only thing that gives OAP's a bad name is being miserable
Old Jul 13th 2014, 8:29 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I missed it. There are quite a few living it large on CB who fit that stereotype. Good luck to them
Old Jul 13th 2014, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

cliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond repute

I am jealous!!!! Good luck to them if they are enjoying their selves and not harming or disturbing others.
If they have worked hard all their lives and paid into the system then they can do what they want with what they are entitled to.

Me in couple of years I hope
Old Jul 13th 2014, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Of course there was a lot of playing up to the camera, but the message seemed to be that the only way to enjoy retirement is to booze, booze,booze.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 11:17 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Of course there was a lot of playing up to the camera, but the message seemed to be that the only way to enjoy retirement is to booze, booze,booze.
So what, that's their choice!

Why worry so much about what others might think - life's too short.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 12:49 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
So what, that's their choice!

Why worry so much about what others might think - life's too short.
+1, it's certainly not my idea of living the dream in retirement, but each to their own
Old Jul 13th 2014, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

What I did not understand about the programme was that the couple with the 50 (she wished) year old daughter seemed to live a life of nothingness when in the UK.

Why?

And why was Leapy Lee included, he lives in Mallorca when the location was Tenerife.

Perhaps I missed something.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Ex-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond repute

I just wish they made it clear to the viewers that those OAP's normally live in UK and come abroad to drink their WFA. Those living in Spain know their WFA actually does what it says on the tin i.e. pay for their winter fuel.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 4:32 pm
Started off with nothing

It would be very hard to live it up for more than a night or two on WFA :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.