Reload this Page >

Notice period for a Tefl job

Notice period for a Tefl job

Old Feb 3rd 2015, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

catalicante is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Notice period for a Tefl job

Hello

Do you know what the notice period is for a ten hour fixed term contract for a tefl teacher?

I signed a contract but they took it from me so that it could be stamped and I am still waiting for it so can not check that.

Any information would be a great help.

Many thanks

A2014
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Notice period for a Tefl job

The contract you signed is unlikely to include that, Ts&Cs are established by convenios.

According to the Estatuto de los Trabajadores, your notice period is determined either by the Convenio colectivo or by the norms established at your particular place of work.

The convenio for Enseñanza no Reglada, which I think is the one which covers language schools, gives a notice period of 30 days for either employer or employee to terminate the contract but of course there might be a different system at the your place of work.

Best ask your union to be sure.

http://www.cuestioneslaborales.es/el...aria/#dimision

Last edited by rachelk; Feb 3rd 2015 at 9:29 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 6:34 am
Just Joined

catalicante is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Notice period for a Tefl job

Thank you very much for your helpful respons, Rachelk. I will find out about my Union and ask them. Thanks again.

A2014