Not Long Left!

Old Dec 22nd 2005, 5:38 pm
chico wapo ;)

babyboy4u363 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not Long Left!

Hiya all,

My name is Jim and I'm supposed to be going to spain in february for 6 months just for more language experience and life experience before I join the Air Force back here. However I'm finding it extremely hard to find anywhere to stay! Am I just looking in the wrong places? All I need is a place for me to call home for a while, and a job to support myself, but I cant seem to find anything, be it a flat/apartment or a house share with other english people I'm just lost! Does anyone have any ideas? It'd be much appreciated.

Yours,

Jim
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not Long Left!

Hi Jim

Let us all know where you need to find somewhere, Spain is a big place.
I am sure somebody might be able to help if you let us have more details.

All the best
pwwm
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 7:02 pm
chico wapo ;)

babyboy4u363 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the speedy reply =D

To be honest with you, it really doesn't matter to me where I go, seeing as im only there for experience, obviously I'd rather be somewhere nice, but im not too fussed, an average payed job and a nice place to stay is all i need, I guess it would be probably better away from catalonia or the basque, because I speak castellano. Anything you could help me with would be a Godsend ^^

Jim
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jim

We are probably not in the best place for you as you would be unlikely to find work except in the greenhouses, (Albunol costa tropical) but I am adding a link to a newspaper, you may find something to help you in that. I will also pm you a couple of other links that may help.

Regards pwwm
http://www.surinenglish.com/index.php
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Jim

Private message sent, hope it helps.

pwwm
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice

Originally Posted by babyboy4u363
Hiya all,

My name is Jim and I'm supposed to be going to spain in february for 6 months just for more language experience and life experience before I join the Air Force back here. However I'm finding it extremely hard to find anywhere to stay! Am I just looking in the wrong places? All I need is a place for me to call home for a while, and a job to support myself, but I cant seem to find anything, be it a flat/apartment or a house share with other english people I'm just lost! Does anyone have any ideas? It'd be much appreciated.

Yours,

Jim
Jim,
I'm just coming to the end of a month's CELTA course (TEFL/TESOL) in Madrid where I live and there are others on the course who are looking to come back in the New Year to work/stay. No-one seems to be having problems with accommodation, since I've heard plenty of semi-permanent or temporary offers being put forward.

It obviously tends to be a work option that suits English speakers and there's plenty of demand for teachers here and elsewhere in Spain, particularly in the larger cities.