Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Not for the faint hearted

Not for the faint hearted

Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not for the faint hearted

OK this thread is not for those with a weak stomach. Yesterday my OH called me and said that the "loony man" was in the garden playing with our dog. She told me she went out to say hello but he just turned away. After a few minutes she called me and said he was still in the garden but was hiding behind our trailer. So I put on my boots and went out to introduce myself. Now this is where it gets awful - he was doing something disgusting with my dog. I shouted at him to "go away" and he ran away zipping up his trousers. I grabbed hold of our dog and put him on the chain.

Our kids were due home from school so I decided to wait for them at the bus stop (even though they walk home on their own - about 30 sec walk) to make sure he was not around. As we all walked through the garden there he was, at it again, but on our front door step. All of our three young boys saw him and the youngest is still shaking now. We called the police and they came really quickly and went and looked for him. They came back later and told us he was being taken to a doctor.

But do you know what, the locals seem to think it is OK. They have told us he would never hurt anybody. It is just his way. I just cannot believe that they seem to think it is OK for him to be doing this. What happens when he gets older? We do see this man around but never this close to our home. It is normally 3 or 4 kms away. How do I explain to my youngest what happened without frightening him even more?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:09 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not for the faint hearted

LB!

I have told you before about doing these things to animals!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:16 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

that is disgusting - the poor bloody dog
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:18 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by battlezone123
OK this thread is not for those with a weak stomach. Yesterday my OH called me and said that the "loony man" was in the garden playing with our dog. She told me she went out to say hello but he just turned away. After a few minutes she called me and said he was still in the garden but was hiding behind our trailer. So I put on my boots and went out to introduce myself. Now this is where it gets awful - he was doing something disgusting with my dog. I shouted at him to "go away" and he ran away zipping up his trousers. I grabbed hold of our dog and put him on the chain.

Our kids were due home from school so I decided to wait for them at the bus stop (even though they walk home on their own - about 30 sec walk) to make sure he was not around. As we all walked through the garden there he was, at it again, but on our front door step. All of our three young boys saw him and the youngest is still shaking now. We called the police and they came really quickly and went and looked for him. They came back later and told us he was being taken to a doctor.

But do you know what, the locals seem to think it is OK. They have told us he would never hurt anybody. It is just his way. I just cannot believe that they seem to think it is OK for him to be doing this. What happens when he gets older? We do see this man around but never this close to our home. It is normally 3 or 4 kms away. How do I explain to my youngest what happened without frightening him even more?

OMG I am gobsmacked........how awful for your dog and your kids that witnessed it!!!

I dont know what to say, I really dont! I am burning up with anger, I just hope that never happens to my dog because I would kill the b*stard!!!!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Can he do the trick that dogs do? Back to back??
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:42 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

OK, so that is a tad OTT.

Sheep are one thing but dogs?

Kidding aside, don't go overboard about this with your kid. The more importance is attached to it, the more he will remember.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

kayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nice

How awful. You must be so angry! No child should have to be exposed to that, ever.

I think all you can do is tell the children that he is sick and being treated in hospital. Try to be honest with then but as matter of fact as possible.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should all remember this is Spain - when in Rome and all that, you should embrace their traditions.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:33 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

As an immigrant you also need to think twice before making a fuss.

Wrong, I know, but worth bearing in mind.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:36 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke
I think you should all remember this is Spain - when in Rome and all that, you should embrace their traditions.
I wish I could give some K to ya.....................
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I wish I could give some K to ya.....................
If you need to spread it, then Im here
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:39 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Same Difference
If you need to spread it, then Im here
Tart!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Tart!
Thanks
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
As an immigrant you also need to think twice before making a fuss.

Wrong, I know, but worth bearing in mind.
Of course I will bear that in mind. Not knowing if you have children imagine this. Your 7 year old son is walking home from school and he sees a man with his dick out *****ing your dog. I take it you will go to him and shake his hand and say great idea - I wished I had thought of that.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Well good luck to you if that is your preference. I just hope that you are not a dog owner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.