Nostrodamus

Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:28 pm
Banned

notacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of light
Default Nostrodamus

I have a bedroom that faces east over Blanes and Lloret-de-Mar, and I like to leave the balcony doors open on warm starry nights to watch the moon planets and constellations rise along the ecliptic at the foot of my bed.

It’s nice to know which planets are due and when. To do this I have a 1990’s DOS astrology program to predict the planets positions. If anyone wants it, they can PM me and I will Zip them a copy. I personally think that astrology is hokum, but the predictions of planetary positions are accurate.

Using it around last August, I let it run on a bit, and saw there was a remarkable coming together of the sun, moon, mercury, venus, mars, and neptune in the constellation of pisces this year. This is NOT what astrologers would interpret as a conjuction.

By fiddling about with it I found the time of closest approach of them to be at about midday on March 11th 2013. No joke, you can check it out. I don’t believe, but I told my believing friends about it and we jokingly made plans to climb a mountain to watch the coming Rapture as is customary.

In December last year, the subject came up again and I sent a confirmation email to a friend, which I attach below. I know Emails can be faked so easily that it’s untrue, but I put out a redacted version for what it’s worth.

Lo and behold, today March 14th the Chinese Communist Party has elected a new “Emporer”. I know the timing is a little shaky but …?

I claim no prediction, but simply put the verifiable facts before you for your perusal over your afternoon tea.

Oh by the way, the comet "Panstarrs" has been visible from earth for the last few days.
Attached Thumbnails Nostrodamus-email-gmail.jpg  
Old Mar 14th 2013, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nostrodamus

We are neighbours! My house overlooks Blanes, Palafolls and Tordera...
Old Mar 14th 2013, 9:40 pm
Banned

notacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Beast
We are neighbours! My house overlooks Blanes, Palafolls and Tordera...
Roca Rossa Monastery (near)
Old Mar 15th 2013, 7:07 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

What new arse****ery is this?
Old Mar 15th 2013, 7:24 am
Banned

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
What new arse****ery is this?
Have you ever thought about letting Jesus into your life Matt ?

Your head doesn't HAVE to feel that way.

Cast ye not the shadow of the shoe of truth
Over the middenites, lest it avers thee.

Book of Monocles Chapter II verse 15-16.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 8:31 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I must be missing something. I've read the OP several times now and I don't get it.

Is there some significance in March 11th 2013 that I'm missing? Something else?

Sorry if I'm being dense...
Old Mar 15th 2013, 9:09 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jimenato
I must be missing something. I've read the OP several times now and I don't get it.

Sorry if I'm being dense...
...only the biggest story in the world this week.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 9:39 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notacontrathinker
Well I still don't know what you mean, but something was bound to happen wasn't it?

Pre-dictions are only significant if made before the event.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 9:42 am
Banned

Well I still don't know what you mean, but something was bound to happen wasn't it?

Pre-dictions are only significant if made before the event.
Absolutely correct.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 9:46 am
FreeThinker

Absolutely correct.
I'm glad that's cleared up then.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

But Pope Frank didn't get elected until the 13th
Old Mar 15th 2013, 11:42 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
But Pope Frank didn't get elected until the 13th
I could argue that the 'prediction' actually pointed to the Conclave of Cardinals on the 12th or even the meetings of cardinals before conclave, where the next Pope was probably actually chosen. They seem to have picked him out pretty sharpish in conclave.

But I won't.

Look, I merely put this snippet of information out there on the siesta thread for those who were interested in this sort of thing, a light diversion from the 'is it/isn't it' legal battle over streaming threads going on on the main board. I didn't expect a sort of Spanish Inquisition.

If nobody's interested then they won't post and this thread will subside into the abyss that is the British Expat Archives.

Everybody will be happy and Tommy and Irene will get their slot back.

It's a nice day and I've got strawberries to plant.

Old Mar 15th 2013, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond repute

Roca Rossa Monastery (near)
Know the area well.....'Mas Mora'..
Old Mar 15th 2013, 1:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I could argue that the 'prediction' actually pointed to the Conclave of Cardinals on the 12th or even the meetings of cardinals before conclave, where the next Pope was probably actually chosen. They seem to have picked him out pretty sharpish in conclave.

But I won't.

Look, I merely put this snippet of information out there on the siesta thread for those who were interested in this sort of thing, a light diversion from the 'is it/isn't it' legal battle over streaming threads going on on the main board. I didn't expect a sort of Spanish Inquisition.

If nobody's interested then they won't post and this thread will subside into the abyss that is the British Expat Archives.

Everybody will be happy and Tommy and Irene will get their slot back.

It's a nice day and I've got strawberries to plant.

On the other hand if some of us are interested it might struggle on for a while! Nostradamus was an incredibly clever man, I believe personally, in many areas besides astrology (and yes, I've been mocked on BE for my beliefs before )

Strangely enough though when I got to work today one of my colleagues, the last person I would've expected, greeted me with the news that Nostradamus had predicted this will be the last Pope........and now I've come across this thread....when I rarely venture into this part of the forum....spooky
Old Mar 15th 2013, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
On the other hand if some of us are interested it might struggle on for a while! Nostradamus was an incredibly clever man, I believe personally, in many areas besides astrology (and yes, I've been mocked on BE for my beliefs before )

Strangely enough though when I got to work today one of my colleagues, the last person I would've expected, greeted me with the news that Nostradamus had predicted this will be the last Pope........and now I've come across this thread....when I rarely venture into this part of the forum....spooky
According to the prophesies of St Malachy, this will be the last pope - because the world is going to end on the election of the 112th Pope (i.e. Francisco). Apocalypse any minute now!

The delightfully optimistic website "Catholic Answers to Defend and Explain the Faith" reassures us:

"Is "Malachy's" prophecy legitimate? Probably not. The consensus among modern scholars is that it is a 16th-century forgery created for partisan political reasons."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.