Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Non-resident tax form Modelo210

Non-resident tax form Modelo210

Old Oct 9th 2021, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

ValTay0607 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Non-resident tax form Modelo210

I had been able to download and complete the modelo 210 form previously but for some reason cannot do so now. Is there a change in the manner this can now accessed. Having tried to access this today, I keep getting the message " AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED: 403 IDENTIFICATION ERROR. DIGITAL CERTIFICATE NOT DETECTED OR NOT SELECTED CORRECTLY. YOU CAN CONTACT THE TAXPAYER SERVICE BY INDICATING THE ERROR CODE 403" I have never had a Digital Certificate, just completed the Modelo210 , validated, printed off and took to my bank to make the payment. Is there any particular reason why I can't do this now like I did last year, the previous year and the prev year, and so on. Would someone in the know please help me out. I want to complete and pay before I leave at the end of the month (90 days up!). TIA

.I
Old Oct 9th 2021, 1:30 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non-resident tax form Modelo210

Originally Posted by ValTay0607
I had been able to download and complete the modelo 210 form previously but for some reason cannot do so now. Is there a change in the manner this can now accessed. Having tried to access this today, I keep getting the message " AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED: 403 IDENTIFICATION ERROR. DIGITAL CERTIFICATE NOT DETECTED OR NOT SELECTED CORRECTLY. YOU CAN CONTACT THE TAXPAYER SERVICE BY INDICATING THE ERROR CODE 403" I have never had a Digital Certificate, just completed the Modelo210 , validated, printed off and took to my bank to make the payment. Is there any particular reason why I can't do this now like I did last year, the previous year and the prev year, and so on. Would someone in the know please help me out. I want to complete and pay before I leave at the end of the month (90 days up!). TIA

.I
ISTR that you now need a digital signature to do it.
Old Oct 9th 2021, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

ValTay0607 is an unknown quantity at this point

How does one set up a digital signature to complete and submit the modelo 210? Help. TIA
Old Oct 9th 2021, 5:11 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

It’s quite easy

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/di...indispensable/
Old Oct 14th 2021, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Kayann is an unknown quantity at this point

Have looked at the recommended CAB site re Digital Signature. All the information about identity checks required refers to EU citizens and having to present the new NIE card or the old registration certificate on the green A4 paper. This doesn’t seem to help non-resident property owners who are wanting to submit a Form 210. Has anyone made progress with this and can they offer help?

Old Oct 14th 2021, 4:05 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kayann
Have looked at the recommended CAB site re Digital Signature. All the information about identity checks required refers to EU citizens and having to present the new NIE card or the old registration certificate on the green A4 paper. This doesn’t seem to help non-resident property owners who are wanting to submit a Form 210. Has anyone made progress with this and can they offer help?

I doubt it says that as there is no such thing - I suspect you mean TIE

By the way, the CAB link states that you need "valid ID" so your passport could be used instead,
Old Oct 14th 2021, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Kayann is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, that was my error. I did mean TIE.
Old Oct 15th 2021, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Littleweed60 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I´m in the same position and have a Cita Previa booked at the local Social Security office in couple of weeks time. According the link below, one option is to use the the original copy of the NIE and passport, I will try the original NIE on white paper rather than the green EU residence certificate.

https://www.sede.fnmt.gob.es/en/cert...tidadCiudadano extranjero:
  • El cĂ³digo de solicitud que le ha sido remitido a su cuenta de correo electrĂ³nico y
  • Tarjeta Roja/Verde/Blanca de IdentificaciĂ³n de Extranjeros donde consta el NIE junto con el pasaporte, o
  • Documento oficial de concesiĂ³n del NIF/NIE junto con el pasaporte.
if it´s any help I can post back on how I get on.

Last edited by Littleweed60; Oct 15th 2021 at 12:51 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2021, 12:16 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

Why not just go to a Gestor and he/she could sort it?
Old Oct 24th 2021, 2:39 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
Why not just go to a Gestor and he/she could sort it?
Because you have to go to a suitable government office in person to confirm your identity. Your local town hall should do it on the spot with no appointments necessary.

You just take the printout of the code you get when you apply for it online. The guy at the office just goes online and confirms your ID and off you go back to your PC. No paperwork involved.

Last edited by Fred James; Oct 24th 2021 at 2:42 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2021, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Because you have to go to a suitable government office in person to confirm your identity. Your local town hall should do it on the spot with no appointments necessary.

You just take the printout of the code you get when you apply for it online. The guy at the office just goes online and confirms your ID and off you go back to your PC. No paperwork involved.
Yes that's exactly how we did it recently. Very easy no need to pay anyone.
Old Oct 24th 2021, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

You do NOT need a digital signature. Your error arises because you are trying to complete the version that DOES require a digital signature. If you look around AEAT you will find the modelo 210 that doesnt require a digital certificate. This could be it

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.e...M210/index.zul
Old Oct 24th 2021, 6:04 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

Seamless efficient Spanish bureaucracy at your local town hall...

Don't believe it can happen in Spain, not even for a moment....

Some stroppy disgruntled government employee will throw a spanner in the works and pretend not to understand what you want.
Old Oct 24th 2021, 8:04 pm

Well it worked for me on two different occasions 5 years apart.

Just as simple for re registering on the Padron at the same time.

I have lived in Spain for 22 years and have never had any problems with the system. Health, taxes, Padron, S1 registration, change of address, DGT etc. I have even bought land and built a house with no problems.

Last edited by Fred James; Oct 24th 2021 at 8:12 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2021, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Well it worked for me on two different occasions 5 years apart.

Just as simple for re registering on the Padron at the same time.

I have lived in Spain for 22 years and have never had any problems with the system. Health, taxes, Padron, S1 registration, change of address, DGT etc. I have even bought land and built a house with no problems.
Same here never had any problem with the Ayuntamiento always been helpful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.