Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

non resident tax

non resident tax

Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

domo25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default non resident tax

this is the first i have heard about non residence tax does anybody how much it is and is it compulsary.thanks
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: non resident tax

Depends on the value of your property (and any rental income) and yes.

Suggest you start here
http://www.agenciatributaria.es/AEAT...come_Tax.shtml
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 10:09 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

another useful source is

http://www.advoco.es/most-requested-...-tax-2010.html

which explains it to you in simple terms.

`
Old Dec 12th 2012, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

del.Almendro will become famous soon enoughdel.Almendro will become famous soon enough

I'm filing in Modelo 210 to pay my Deemed Rental Income Tax but can't decide whether to use 1.1% or 2% for the calculation.

The property was constructed in 2006 and the last catastral value revision in my area was in 1990.

Can anybody help please?

These are the relevant notes from tax form 210:

Section 210 I must only be used to declare earnings from urban buildings used by natural persons for their own enjoyment.
Taxable base [4]: Enter the result of applying one of the percentage amounts below, whichever corresponds, to the property register value of the building.
Applicable percentage:
- Buildings whose property register value has been reviewed or changed with effect from 1 January 1994............................1.1%
- Other buildings......................................... ...........2%
No expenses may be deducted from the resulting amount.
The resulting amount is understood to refer to the full calendar year. The number of days is proportionally reduced when ownership has not been throughout the entire year or when it has been rented for part of the year.
If at the date of accrual of the tax (31 December) the buildings have no property register value, or the owner has not been notified of this, the taxable base of the same is calculated as 50% of that calculated for the purposes of wealth tax. This amount is the greater of the following: The price, consideration or cost price of the property, or the value of the same established by the administration for other taxes. In these cases, the percentage shall be 1.1%.
In the case of buildings under construction and in cases in which the building cannot be used for town planning reasons, no income whatsoever shall be considered
Old Dec 12th 2012, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

If the catastral value is from 1990, you need to use 2%. Even though the property was constructed in 2006, the value will be based on the 1990 valuations.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 3:30 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by domo25
this is the first i have heard about non residence tax does anybody how much it is and is it compulsary.thanks
It's actually always been payable, but, I suspect, due to the economic climate at present they have decided that they need to actually collect it now, so you may find you have demands for more than 1 year. They base the tax on assuming you rent out your property as you are not a resident.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

del.Almendro will become famous soon enoughdel.Almendro will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CapnBilly
If the catastral value is from 1990, you need to use 2%. Even though the property was constructed in 2006, the value will be based on the 1990 valuations.
So how can they value the property 16 years before it was built? Presumably there is a generic table for each area based on square metre living area and any new property is valued against that.

It's a shame the official guidance notes are so ambiguous and don't explain this clearly.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by del.Almendro
So how can they value the property 16 years before it was built? Presumably there is a generic table for each area based on square metre living area and any new property is valued against that.

It's a shame the official guidance notes are so ambiguous and don't explain this clearly.
As far as I understand it will be because your Catastaral value for the area hasn't been revised that is what sets the % you pay not when the house was built.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

I believe it is being challenged in the EU courts as being discriminatory and against the human rights of non-residents.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Not surprising really if it is, I pay it but it is a bit of a joke you pay all your other taxes etc and if you don't rent out a property not really on that you have to pay a none residents tax, but suppose nobody said life was fair!
Old Dec 14th 2012, 8:59 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Off topic -

Bobd22 - why do you keep putting nonE resident instead of the correct term of non-resident? As you do it consistently, I'm sure you must have a reason for it.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 9:54 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
Not surprising really if it is, I pay it but it is a bit of a joke you pay all your other taxes etc and if you don't rent out a property not really on that you have to pay a none residents tax, but suppose nobody said life was fair!
I believe you can make a declaration stating that you will be the sole occupier, however that does mean that your relatives can't use it, only you. Even if relatives come over and pay nothing, then it will be classed as renting.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CapnBilly
How do I find out when my catastral value was made? I have a catastral reference and can see the value on my last IBI invoice. But can't find any way to determine when the valuation was made. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Old Dec 14th 2012, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kenwoodlad
How do I find out when my catastral value was made? I have a catastral reference and can see the value on my last IBI invoice. But can't find any way to determine when the valuation was made. Can someone point me in the right direction?
town hall
Old Dec 14th 2012, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, we'll be over there next week so I'll go in and ask.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.