Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

non resident income tax

non resident income tax

Old Nov 10th 2012, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all
Default non resident income tax

It is that time of year again and we have received a reminder from our solicitors that the non resident income tax is due on our property in Spain and they have kindly offered to calculate it for us for a fee of €200 + IVA. I have done some research and think I can do it myself but just want to check that I am on the right track.

I have found that you can download the form 210 online. I have read that it is 1.1% of the cadastral value and we have to pay 24% of that between us. I have copies of the IBA bills paid earlier this year so should be able to find the value. I have also read that the rate has been increased to 24.75% for 2012 and 2013 but assume that doesn't apply until next year as this year's payment is for tax due from last year, 2011. Is that correct? If we jointly own the property then we each need to complete a form and divide the amount of tax due between us.

I have to obtain sticky labels from the Hacienda to put on the form. I found on a previous thread a website where I could ask for these to be sent to me. I tried this and put in my NIE and received a message telling me it would be sent to my Spanish home. But when I tried putting in my husband's NIE I got a message saying this couldn't be done over the internet but only at the office. Does anyone know why this is? Is it because I have already applied and they will send enough stickers for both of us?

Then we need to take the forms to the bank before 31sr December and pay the money.

Have I got this right? Is there anything else I need to know or do?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Kath
Old Nov 10th 2012, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: non resident income tax

Check your pm box
Old Nov 10th 2012, 12:52 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
Check your pm box
Why hide your post - it might be useful to the rest of us?
Old Nov 10th 2012, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Because it regards another forum where the thread starter may be a bit narked by someone nicking his work and posting it on here.

Last edited by big wheels; Nov 10th 2012 at 1:03 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2012, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

Check your pm box
Could you send it to me also?
Old Nov 10th 2012, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Thanks bigwheels, that was very useful. I will let you know if even I can manage it.
Kath
Old Nov 10th 2012, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath and Ted
It is that time of year again and we have received a reminder from our solicitors that the non resident income tax is due on our property in Spain and they have kindly offered to calculate it for us for a fee of €200 + IVA. I have done some research and think I can do it myself but just want to check that I am on the right track.

I have found that you can download the form 210 online. I have read that it is 1.1% of the cadastral value and we have to pay 24% of that between us. I have copies of the IBA bills paid earlier this year so should be able to find the value. I have also read that the rate has been increased to 24.75% for 2012 and 2013 but assume that doesn't apply until next year as this year's payment is for tax due from last year, 2011. Is that correct? If we jointly own the property then we each need to complete a form and divide the amount of tax due between us.

I have to obtain sticky labels from the Hacienda to put on the form. I found on a previous thread a website where I could ask for these to be sent to me. I tried this and put in my NIE and received a message telling me it would be sent to my Spanish home. But when I tried putting in my husband's NIE I got a message saying this couldn't be done over the internet but only at the office. Does anyone know why this is? Is it because I have already applied and they will send enough stickers for both of us?

Then we need to take the forms to the bank before 31sr December and pay the money.

Have I got this right? Is there anything else I need to know or do?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Kath
It appears that you have a good grasp of the situation, pity about the old/young man's NIE. There may be a middle way however, your solicitors appear to be quite ambitious in their pricing, perhaps because they are solicitors and not Gestors? We have a chap who submits our tax returns for 50 euros inc. IVA, perhaps you could find another individual who has a less inspired approach to business? However if you can do it yourselves - Fantastic
Old Nov 10th 2012, 8:02 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Because it regards another forum where the thread starter may be a bit narked by someone nicking his work and posting it on here.
All you need to do is post a link to it - that is perfectly acceptable.

If the OP gets narked about it then he shouldn't post it on a public forum.
Old Nov 11th 2012, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Suggest non residents see here
http://www.agenciatributaria.es/AEAT...ividuals.shtml
Old Nov 12th 2012, 8:46 am
Josh in Spain

Joddle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm - we have just had a bill for our "financial experts" for submitting our 210s and the fees came to over 250e which is actually more than the tax owed!

We thought it should be pretty straightforward and looking at this thread we are now thinking maybe we should be looking elsewhere for this service - or perhaps even doing it ourselves. Reading between the lines of some of the posts here it looks like solicitors and their experts and associates are making a mint out of us "non-savvy" non-residents!!!
Old Nov 12th 2012, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Yes sounds a complete rip off unless your affairs are complex. The AEAT are developing(ed) an online system as they want to make it easy for people to pay and they understand a lot of non residents do not spend much time in Spain.
Old Nov 12th 2012, 9:43 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

There is an excellent article about it at http://goo.gl/ZgYN6
Old Nov 12th 2012, 4:43 pm
njf
Forum Regular

njf is an unknown quantity at this point

When I started about two years ago, I thought of doing it myself but in the end got Lesley at this website to do it for me. She is very efficient and can even make the payment for you if you like. The house is in my sole name so the fee was £35. It would be £50 if in joint names. Of course, I could have done it myself for less but it avoided the hassle and the possibility of making a mistake. Next year will be the last time I have to pay as we are now becoming resident in Spain.

You can mention my name if you like and just to confirm I am not related to Lesley just a satisfied customer.

PS I hope this is allowed on the forum but otherwise I am sure the mod will delete it.

Good luck!

Norman
Old Nov 12th 2012, 5:19 pm
Josh in Spain

Joddle is an unknown quantity at this point

Many Thanks - may well give her a call - seems much better than 250e!!!
Old Nov 12th 2012, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by njf
PS I hope this is allowed on the forum but otherwise I am sure the mod will delete it.
It's fine as it is a personal recommendation as a response to a specific request for information from another member.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.