Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Non euopean dependant living in spain with his wife

Non euopean dependant living in spain with his wife

Old Dec 9th 2007, 5:26 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Non euopean dependant living in spain with his wife

Help
My friends husband is coming to join her to live in spain, she is living here with independant means. Her husband is Nigerian with a visa to live and work in Germany.
What is the ruling for him to live here with her.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 7:22 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non euopean dependant living in spain with his wife

Originally Posted by gallerie9
Help
My friends husband is coming to join her to live in spain, she is living here with independant means. Her husband is Nigerian with a visa to live and work in Germany.
What is the ruling for him to live here with her.
I think if he is not an EU citizen then he will need a visa and work permit for every EU country he resides in.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 9:18 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Under the new residency rules, as the spouse of an EU citizen, he will be entitled to a residents card in Spain and be free to work as if he was an EU citizen.

These rules now apply across the EU.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 7:45 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fred James
Under the new residency rules, as the spouse of an EU citizen, he will be entitled to a residents card in Spain and be free to work as if he was an EU citizen.

These rules now apply across the EU.
Thanks thats what I thought the rule was.