Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

non eu parter and spanish residence card

non eu parter and spanish residence card

Old Mar 1st 2014, 1:07 am
Just Joined

dalehitchy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default non eu parter and spanish residence card

me and my parter are going to spain around july and in the process of filling in the schengren visa.

when we arrive, i know i need to apply for a spanish residence card for myself and parter to work. can anyone talk me through the process of applying for spanish residence for my non eu parter ie. what documents are needed, how long is the process.

ive read that the marriage certificate needs to be dated within the last 3 months (so can i get a new one dated just before i go.... where do i get this from?)

i can imagine this takes a while and i presume even after a short stay visa expires for my non eu partner... he can still stay in spain with me (provided i am working?)
Old Mar 1st 2014, 1:15 am
Just Joined

dalehitchy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: non eu parter and spanish residence card

my marriage certificate is from the uk btw
so again does it need to be translated to spanish
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 3:47 pm
Banned

mathos88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello.

The process isn't a difficult one, but it has got a little more complicated in recent years.

At your local (Spanish) police station, you will have to show your passports (original and copy) and fill in the necessary form (called EX-18). Additionally, you will have to demonstrate that you have health care and sufficient resources so as not to be a burden on the Spanish State. This can be done by showing a work contract, a document showing that you are signed up to the "Seguridad Social", that you are self-employed, if you don't fit into these situation, that you have a certain amount of money in the bank (the quantity changes depending on how big your family is).

As for your partner, he will have to show the marriage certificate after having it officially translated and legalised (in the consulate).

Hope this information has been of help.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 5:16 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mathos88
Hello.

The process isn't a difficult one, but it has got a little more complicated in recent years.

At your local (Spanish) police station, you will have to show your passports (original and copy) and fill in the necessary form (called EX-18). Additionally, you will have to demonstrate that you have health care and sufficient resources so as not to be a burden on the Spanish State. This can be done by showing a work contract, a document showing that you are signed up to the "Seguridad Social", that you are self-employed, if you don't fit into these situation, that you have a certain amount of money in the bank (the quantity changes depending on how big your family is).

As for your partner, he will have to show the marriage certificate after having it officially translated and legalised (in the consulate).

Hope this information has been of help.
Actually, this is a little confusing. Where you really need to go is your local 'extranjeria' which may or may not be located in your NATIONAL police station. In some towns, the office is not with the police!