NIE Number

Old Feb 24th 2005, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

dougie V is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NIE Number

i thought i would just add this to this thread in case anyone else is getting this arranged:
it is also possible to get your solicitor to get your nie number, thats the way i did it and it took about 3 or 4 weeks to come back to me and at a cost of about 70 euros. she took my passport on the day she went to process and she gave that back to me the following day, and i think that was about it.
3 - 4 weeks is not a time that you should go by as some people have had to wait longer and some shorter.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 2:31 am
Just Joined

rogerb will become famous soon enough

Just to add our experience:
we got our NIEs from Elche Police station, after two, 20min, mid-morning visits, a week apart.
Quite painless, but the second time, they gave us a number which was lower than the one on display, so we had to 'muscle-in', saying "Sorry!" , although our 'turn' only took about 3 mins!

It was certainly less painful than paying 140Euros to a gestor
Old Feb 27th 2005, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

fmeade is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure when Dougie V got the solicitor to get the NIE number - up until about mid 2004 I believe this was possible, but I think this has since changed and you now need to do it in person. So check if you are considering this.