NIE

Old Mar 3rd 2020, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

Dee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to all
Default NIE

Iknow this has probably been done to death, but we always planned on a full time move fromUK to France so understand their house buying process. Spain has really caught our eye so we plan on making it a full time move. We have just put our property for sale and have found one we really like the look of but would need a mortgage I see I need an NIE to buy property and on googling it get lots of companies that promise to get you one, but one thing that confuses me is you need a Spanish address to get one, but can't buy a house without one, am I missing somthing and is it worth using one of these companies to help with the NIE
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NIE

Originally Posted by Dee&Geoff
Iknow this has probably been done to death, but we always planned on a full time move fromUK to France so understand their house buying process. Spain has really caught our eye so we plan on making it a full time move. We have just put our property for sale and have found one we really like the look of but would need a mortgage I see I need an NIE to buy property and on googling it get lots of companies that promise to get you one, but one thing that confuses me is you need a Spanish address to get one, but can't buy a house without one, am I missing somthing and is it worth using one of these companies to help with the NIE
Not sure what companies you are refering to but applying for a NIE on your behalf is a pretty standard activity for a "Gestoria " , a normal administrative office found everywhere to help you with bureaucratic processes, very much a Spanish activity.. They also carry out a whole range of other similar activities.
You can apply for one through the Spanish Consulate in London or as I assume you will be using a Spanish lawyer to process the purchase of your property in Spain they will be able to do it for you with an appropriate power of attorney. In fact a lawyer will have a working relationship with a Gestoria to "Do the dull stuff".
A NIE is really just a tax number that you need for dealing with all administrative and fiscal issues. It does not give any residencial rights.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Dee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to allDee&Geoff is a name known to all

Thanks Loafing Along for your informative post, so I could sort the NIE when sorting all the legals for the house purchase then?, was just trying to get our ducks in a row to make life easy but if it can all be sorted spot on. I work offshore so cheaper to fly from Spain than the UK so fingers crossed my employer will give us the green light as we have made up our minds Spain is for us so need to sort it before the end of the year
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dee&Geoff
Hi,
I used an internet company to get an NIE number some years ago when I had an inheritance due from my mother who lived in Spain and I in the UK. I had to pay a UK notary to get all the paperwork in order and send to to the internet company who indeed did the job of getting my NIE number within 2 weeks. Can't remember the cost as it was about 10 years ago.

Steve

Last edited by tebo53; Mar 3rd 2020 at 9:38 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your valuable input Steve
Old Mar 4th 2020, 7:11 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

The simplest method for getting an NIE is to go to either the London or the Edinburgh consulate .

You can use any address anywhere in the world.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 7:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snikpoh
The simplest method for getting an NIE is to go to either the London or the Edinburgh consulate .

You can use any address anywhere in the world.
Thanks Snikpoh, I must have read it wrong or received duff info as I was lead to believe you jad to have a Spanish address, suppose Edinburgh is our closest will look into it thanks again Denise and Geoff
Old Mar 5th 2020, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

Foreigners' Identity Number (N.I.E.)
Old Mar 5th 2020, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Thanks EU Flag, a great link to what we need to know
Old May 2nd 2020, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Gail01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone
I to have been looking into getting a NIE number. Am I right in thinking that it would be better to wait until I purchase a property in Spain otherwise would I not have to update the address after moving . It's so confusing . 🤔
Old May 2nd 2020, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gail01
Hi everyone
I to have been looking into getting a NIE number. Am I right in thinking that it would be better to wait until I purchase a property in Spain otherwise would I not have to update the address after moving . It's so confusing . 🤔

You don't need a Spanish address to get an NIE.

But you will need one BEFORE you buy a property but you can do this with a Gestor or the solicitor who will deal with the house purchase.

You have to visit a notary to get the NIE or give someone POA.
Old May 2nd 2020, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Your NIE does not have addresses associated with it. You can apply for an NIE number whilst living in the UK through a Spanish embassy.

Steve
Old May 2nd 2020, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your response. Just to be a bit clearer would the address be updated depending on where you are living ?
Old May 2nd 2020, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gail01
Thanks for your response. Just to be a bit clearer would the address be updated depending on where you are living ?
Gail,
Please understand that your NIE number does not have any addresses associated with it it's the same as your English national insurance number which follows you throughout your life. Perhaps you are confusing the NIE number with a residency certificate which needs a current Spanish address and updating if you move house.

Steve
Old May 2nd 2020, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone 😁

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.