British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   NIE (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/nie-844616/)

Porth Oct 7th 2014 8:03 am

NIE

We have our NIE's from our time in Spain in 2013. Then returned to France and latterly the UK.

Returning to Spain in 2015 (February with a bit of luck) Whilst the same town a differing address.

Do we have to go through the whole process once more at Denia? It was tiresome last year. Not even sure I can find the office again! Or should I use a Gestoria please?

bobd22 Oct 7th 2014 8:42 am

Re: NIE

My understanding is that the NIE number is for life as was the old NIE white certificate. However I believe more recent certificates now are for a certain duration but not the number?

snikpoh Oct 7th 2014 8:56 am

Do you mean NIE or 'certificate of registration'?

Clearly, if you are moving back here, then you will need the latter.

Porth Oct 7th 2014 9:16 am

Hi snikpoh ask me a question please on France! I could answer that.

All I can tell you last year we went to an office in Denia (police) gave all our details and three days later picked up our NIE's. We then used them to order gas to obtain bank accounts and the like.

What please is the certificate of registration? Last year we also registered on the Pardron.

Would welcome your help

best wishes

bobd22 Oct 7th 2014 9:25 am

Again my understanding is that you should only be registered on the padron if you are resident as it should be your habitual home to be on the padron if you are non resident then that would not be the case.

Porth Oct 7th 2014 9:31 am

By way of explanation we were intending to remain full time residents hence th Pardron. But family health issues in the UK intervened (92 year old Mother in law) However now returning full time to Spain. Still concerned over the NIE though

bobd22 Oct 7th 2014 9:34 am

That explains that one then, here is a link where the new current NIE rules were discussed mind you it is quite lengthy lol http://britishexpats.com/forum/spain...re-nie-754576/

Rosemary Oct 7th 2014 9:34 am

NIE is for life so no need to go through that hassle again.

You will need to re-register on the Padron and the certificate of residencia.

Rosemary

Porth Oct 7th 2014 9:57 am

thanks Rosemary as to the Pardron I will go to the Town Hall and register. In so doing will it then automatically thrown up a Certificate of Residencia or so I need to go elsewhere please.

Rosemary Oct 7th 2014 10:01 am

Different places, sorry.

Rosemary

Porth Oct 7th 2014 10:10 am

thought so will ask where this is in the Valencia region. So we have NIE then on the Padron then a certificate of residency?

thanks

pwwm Oct 7th 2014 10:14 am

National Police station usually deals with Residencia, well ours in Motril did, you will need proof of income and health insurance as well, unless you are retired. (oap)

Porth Oct 7th 2014 10:19 am

We will have income streams plus S1's as we are both retired.

take care

snikpoh Oct 7th 2014 11:58 am

Please, as Fred pointed out, it is a "certificate of registration" for members of the EU and not 'residencia'.

Normally the order of events is;
  1. NIE
  2. Certificate of registration
  3. Padron
  4. Go to INSS and register the S1's
  5. Go to health centre and get SIP cards (Valencia area)

although steps 1 and 2 can be done at the same time.

If, as the OP has, you already have an NIE, then this stays with you and step 1 can be ignored.

Porth Oct 7th 2014 12:01 pm

thanks I now understand. So back to some Police station somewhere then the Padron. Will have to wait until our arrival early next year.

thanks again.