NIE

Old Aug 18th 2014, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute
Default NIE

We are returning to Spain in September to have 'another go' having let us say having less than a good experience in 2013. Problem was ours in that we are trusting and believing folk but both the agent and the owner were at some distance from that concept.

Here are our NIE's still valid please. I do understand have to register once more on the Pardon.
Old Aug 18th 2014, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NIE

Originally Posted by Porth
We are returning to Spain in September to have 'another go' having let us say having less than a good experience in 2013. Problem was ours in that we are trusting and believing folk but both the agent and the owner were at some distance from that concept.

Here are our NIE's still valid please. I do understand have to register once more on the Pardon.
You're a glutton for punishment!
Old Aug 18th 2014, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

cliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond reputecliff b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neptuno
You're a glutton for punishment!
You really do appear to have a doom and gloom negative attitude to Spain Neptuno.

I personally do not think that the OP or anyone else wants unnecessary comments like this.
Old Aug 18th 2014, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

You are probably right - almost most certainly so.

However I do not want to be taken away in my box and say 'I wish'

Here again Neptuno have bolt holes (modest the both) in France and the UK and if it goes wrong then can exit quickly.

Again and for substance long term rent in Spain and to be blunt would not consider buying without some in-depth research. Even then if the Bank of Spain gave me a guarantee I am not sure I would react to it.

So it is fact finding over a longish period of time and in life one should have an exit plan. The final exit is of course decided by a number and if it is yours.

After so many years of living in France I know it warts and all and the house buying system is so different. However I have had my life in France my wife wishes to 'have a go in Spain' We are not innocents abroad (at least this time hopefully not) so we shall see. Perhaps in future I might send you a post card from La Rochelle or the Wye Valley. Or maybe from the Montgo near Javea. Who knows.
Old Aug 18th 2014, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cliff b
You really do appear to have a doom and gloom negative attitude to Spain Neptuno.

I personally do not think that the OP or anyone else wants unnecessary comments like this.
Nothing wrong with Spain itself .
It's beautiful, and has many positive aspects.
The tax situation is another matter, however.
I think your comment was a bit rich, as in another post you said something about being silly enough to tell the taxman about assets abroad, inorder to comply with tax regulations.!
Old Aug 18th 2014, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: NIE

Originally Posted by Porth

Your NIE number is for life. Have you got on a white or green sheet of A4 either should be good for rental purposes. Your Padron is only valid in the municipality you registered in and they will only be accepted for 3 months from the date of registration for things like car purchase etc. however if you are in the same municipality you will still be on the register and can revive the Padron certificate by paying about €2 at the town hall.

PS. Be careful out there as they used say on Hill Street Blues.
And be sure to not stay more than 183 days with all your overseas assets.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Aug 18th 2014 at 1:17 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2014, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks I now understand and once more my thanks